Battle time limit exceeded!?!?!?

Battle time limit exceeded!?!?!?

Postby outseekerdroid » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:40 am

I just FINALLY beat a level 51 pet boss, in order to get the achievement for dealing x damage and get the badges, and the stupid thing still says Battle time limit exceeded! This is not at all logical, as I am fighting the darned thing, so it cannot escape.

Very, very, very, very disappointing. I've mentioned this before, and it's incredibly upsetting to now have to wait another god knows how long for a boss of a high enough level to get the achievement, that I can actually beat without simply getting crushed, even with Max level heroes...

<string of expletives>
outseekerdroid

Re: Battle time limit exceeded!?!?!?

Postby outseekerdroid » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:42 am

To add further insult to injury, not only do you not give me my pet raid chance back, you award me nothing whatsoever for winning the battle. Please, can you do something about this?

At the very least it should give credit where it is due for damage before the boss escapes; looking at the boss history it says nobody did any damage to the boss in question.

How about a visible timer during the boss fight, showing how long until the boss attempts to escape the battle? or not letting it escape, but not letting people initiate a fight with it when someone is currently battling it? Please, this is incredibly frustrating :<
outseekerdroid

Postby outseekerdroid » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:52 pm

and another thing, Boss has already been defeated..

You already have a system in place for guild war, where you remove the ability to fight an enemy that is already in battle- bosses for pet pieces require this too, so you aren't wasting peoples time.

That will make an easy framework upon which to build in the ability to kill a boss even though they would have otherwise escaped, should nobody have been in the middle of battling them.
outseekerdroid

Postby admin » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:09 am

The battle timing is required for collaborative features, or it's quite easy to prevent a boss from escaping by just starting a battle with the boss. There is no good way to capture the amount of damage done in mid-battle either right now, but that (as well as the escape timer) can be a possible future improvement ideas. But in the meantime just be more cautious with how long you spend in battle when starting a fight with a boss with only few minutes left before escaping.

Best Regards,
Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Postby outseekerdroid » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:41 pm

hmm I think it's pretty easy to introduce some kind of timer to the boss battles to prevent what you said from happening. Relic hunt style, where it counts down each time it's your turn to attack, and automatically attacks if it doesn't receive input from you would do the trick. It would be really good if you could come up with a solution to make it more sensible <3
outseekerdroid

Return to Support