Sooner or later all games must come to an end

General discussions about the game.
Please use other forums below for questions.

Sooner or later all games must come to an end

Postby ToeKnee » Fri May 10, 2013 12:04 am

All games sooner or later come to an end. Closure of some sort whether or not win lose or draw. Baseball, soccer, football, track meets, tennis, monopoly, chess, poker, mumbly peg, ANY and ALL games come to an end. I propose that Dream World also join the real world and have a end point when the player's stats are archived in some sort of DW Hall of Fame and then their game stats are deleted, their place on the Top 100 disappears and they can then choose to either move on another game and seek fame and fortune elsewhere or start all over at Level 1 as if a brand new player - no carry over of stats, gear, gems, nothing but a brand new game.

To sum up:
1) As soon as you reach Level 100 (or whatever level the devs decide on) your game ends and your character and stats are archived into a DW Hall of Fame
2) Your game name and stats disappear from the Global Ranking
3) You retire and leave the game or,
4) You restart with zero everything, nothing is available from your previous DW game experience.

Yes I know people have spent real hard earned money in this game, rumor has it some have spent several hundreds if not thousands of dollars (or local equivalent). Yes, that's how it works in real life as well. You play to have fun and then you move on. Whether it be a graceful exit or a boot in the butt the game has to have an ending.
ToeKnee

Re: Sooner or later all games must come to an end

Postby Maria » Fri May 10, 2013 3:45 am

It doesn't seem to end to me - most of the lvl 100s seem to be enjoying helping their guild and not having to worry about exp. I can see them finding gear for other players, moving around to help other guilds, working guild fame, working factions for their own place n the rankings and guild bonuses, running inter guild challenges etc - and the devs bring out new stuff all the time. To me, lvl 100 doesn't seem like the end. Also of course the devs have already said they will release the new areas when enoug of us hit 100. Maybe one day they will raise the max level too, who knows, but as we know the game isn't much abut levels anyway. If it ended dead stop or we had to start again as you suggest, I wouldn't have started playing it in the first place.

My thoughts for what they are worth
Tracey
Titans

Maria

Postby Blakes7 » Wed May 22, 2013 9:51 am

As of yesterday I am officially through with DW. I do however admire those players
who endured the unnecessary agony it took to even get to level 100.

My patience and interest in DW stopped at level 85 Mega Shot, because I like to play games
that actually let my in-game character level up and grow stronger at a decent pace.

I played everyday or every other day after hitting level 85, a month and a half had passed and I was still
on level 85 with only 46% closer to level 86.

Why did I continue playing up to level 85 if I didn't like the game you ask? I was in a guild with
cool guys and maybe girls that encouraged me to play and made the game a little more bearable,
even fun at times to play.

The game is set at a snail's pace for one reason and one reason only. It will take a lot of
people a good while to realize this and move on to a more rewarding game experience.

Besides, I am so tired of fighting with almost unbeatable paper cut-outs.
To know thy enemy is to know ones self.
Blakes7

Postby Maria » Wed May 22, 2013 11:33 am

For the record I've been playing about 3.5 years Blakes7, and am almost lvl 100 and it's certainly not been unbearable agony lol :D
Tracey
Titans

Maria

Postby etching » Wed May 22, 2013 6:00 pm

Maria wrote:For the record I've been playing about 3.5 years Blakes7, and am almost lvl 100 and it's certainly not been unbearable agony lol :D

Actually, it used to be worse before, I believe?
Wasn't the experience curve reduced like a couple years or so ago?
etching

Postby Blakes7 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:07 pm

I quit both Time World and Dream World middle of this year.
They both got to the point where they became really annoying, because of not being
able to level up at a decent pace and point's for character development should be free
BECAUSE YOU EARNED THEM! You have to buy learning points?

Time World is another one. The ships you build for pillar and pvp are
just paper spaceships for target practice for other players.

And you thought getting your 4th planet was hard?

These 2 sorry games have come to and end for me, because when you play them
long enough, you begin to realize what they are REALLY all about.

MONEY GRUBBERS!

This is also my final post on this site. To everyone else, if TW and DW are games for you,
please continue to enjoy them.
To know thy enemy is to know ones self.
Blakes7

Postby Maria » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:07 pm

Um, there are a lot of very high level players in DW who have spent nothing on the game. I know of at least 2 of the level 100s who've spent almost nothing. One of them even has max stats and was one of the first to achieve that....
Tracey
Titans

Maria

Postby Talon Lake » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:35 pm

DW is easily playable without donating, I actually see no need to do it, but it would make it easier with excessive playing.

TW can be very tricky, but I've made it very far without doing so.
Dreamworld
Name - Talon | Guild - Member of DB2

Time World
Facebook| Name - Talon | Galaxy 9
Talon Lake

Return to General Discussion