Loosing interest

General discussions about the game.
Please use other forums below for questions.

Re: Loosing interest

Postby Fieryshoe » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:09 pm

I agree, if you uncap the stats, it will go a LONG way towards keeping the old-timers around. Once you get to the end of that long journey of maxing your two primary stats...you don't have much left to play for personally unless you are devoted to your guild and do all the guild related activities or you care about maxing constitution. And maxing con is only beneficial if you like to do the Mines or Hells...people still rip through me in Mystic Wars with max con. :lol:

If there is that much concern about "balancing" the game because of stats, then do this...Add one more ZERO to the hitpoint totals of every boss in the game, and uncap the stats. I'm game for it. People will really have to work for fame, bosses won't get steamrolled as much, you will actually need TEAMWORK if you want things done efficiently.

Let me show how everyone wins with the above scenario:

1) No way are the "heavy hitters" going to be able to just sit there and solo bosses after bosses for fame. Teamwork will be needed. The strongest hitters will fall asleep at their monitor having to raise a statue with just 2-3 people online. One Lolith taking ten times as long to kill? Oh yeah!

2) Game will become challenging. Yes of course, there will be a bunch of people crying about it, but do you want the game to be run by 2-3 Super Heroes per guild or do you want the guild to WORK together to accomplish stuff? More people working together means more people PLAYING the game. More people playing means more playtime and more GEMS spent. When gems run out, devs will hear the sound of $$$ in the distance. The high playtime people will either be playing to continue building their stats or because they are up for the challenge. Now with boss hp ramped up all across the board, you may actually see not the "usual people" with the same statue up each and every time.

3) With stat caps unlocked and boss hp increased all across the board, now the devs don't HAVE to feel the pressure of churning out an update every six months. Yes, I am personally greedy and love/obsess with this game (I swear it is an addiction that has consumed my soul) and I would sign up for an update every 4 months if it were me...but with stat caps unlocked, now EVERYONE that has two stats maxed has something to keep playing for and to tide them over for months. I personally wouldn't say a peep for at least a year with no updates if I had something to personally keep me going, like improving my stats. Why? Cause everyone wants to keep getting stronger. Being stronger means you can show off to your guild and friends, provide better, be in higher demand if you are thinking of changing guilds. You won't hear any talk about how the game is boring and there is no challenge left.

I'd love to hear a dev response on this. It is a win-win situation for all parties involved.
The VV Family is currently searching for motivated individuals eager to improve their character. Contact me if you are interested.
Fieryshoe

Postby Talon Lake » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:09 am

^^^ This coming from the most active still playing player.
I'd love to see uncapped stats.. even to Double your power, you would need to kill how many mobs.. about 3-4 million? (I'm not sure how many kills it took for you to stat-cap)

Alternatively.. After a stat reaches the cap, It could no longer be raised by stat shifting, and also when you get a stat pill, you have a 50% chance it will fail.
This way, growth is slowed.. I personally vote full cap removal and no handicap to gaining, but that' an alternative.

As for raising 10x boss hp, selfishly I'd say yes since My guild just merged into S11 and it would be possible.. But in my old guild with multiple semi active high levels, We could barely pull 10 of any bosses in 2 weeks. For any lower level guild, this would be extremely unfair.. For that reason I will say no. This just challenges the top guilds and cuts out the smaller ones.
Alternatively.. There could be something like heroic dungeons with extremely stronger mobs and the bosses with much more hp, With better rewards though, Like +5-9 extended only... But would need to be done with say a % chance to appear on opening a hell gate or mine, and the GM or a GO can downgrade it to a normal dungeon for smaller guilds who couldn't do something.
Dreamworld
Name - Talon | Guild - Member of DB2

Time World
Facebook| Name - Talon | Galaxy 9
Talon Lake

Postby Fieryshoe » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:55 am

I would totally sign up for that...uncap the stats, but remove the ability to move your stats around. I would sign up for ANY method that would unlock character growth again to be honest.

As for raising 10x boss hp, selfishly I'd say yes since My guild just merged into S11 and it would be possible.. But in my old guild with multiple semi active high levels, We could barely pull 10 of any bosses in 2 weeks. For any lower level guild, this would be extremely unfair.. For that reason I will say no. This just challenges the top guilds and cuts out the smaller ones.

There is no doubt that increasing boss hp by 10 all across the board would get alot of people angry. But controversy gets people talking, and while some of those people would be pissed off for a week, when they realize everyone is going to be affected, they might cool down. MIGHT. I think such a bold move would heighten game interest and play because all of these players on lower guilds will be looking to move on up and strengthen their numbers. Is this fair and ideal for the weaker guilds? Probably not. But the alternative is to sit here and do absolutely nothing and let all of the higher level players retire/fade away/lose interest and have the game get worse by the day. I can't speak for anyone else, only MYSELF, but I can tell you it is very discouraging and downright depressing to have friends that you have been playing the game with for the past few years to one by one start retiring and stop playing. These are people that I didn't know before I started playing the game but I grew to become good friends with them.

Alternatively.. There could be something like heroic dungeons with extremely stronger mobs and the bosses with much more hp, With better rewards though, Like +5-9 extended only... But would need to be done with say a % chance to appear on opening a hell gate or mine, and the GM or a GO can downgrade it to a normal dungeon for smaller guilds who couldn't do something.

Another good idea that I would sign up for immediately. Anything that gets people talking and excited again is great for the game. I would even ramp up the difficulty even more if it guaranteed an extended drop. The bottom line is that we need a challenge...a NEW challenge. When Hell 7-9 is released, it will probably be three new zones, three new bosses, 12-15 new trash mobs, and perhaps a new set of gear. It will probably take people 2-3 months to get their gear and then they will be looking for a new challenge. To borrow off of certain MMORPG games and the Diablo series for example, we need like a new difficulty, a Hell or Inferno mode where you have bosses that will take forever to kill, some new quests that needs to be done, etc. One idea I have always thought we should have in this game is some kind of collection quest, a guild only collection quest where you need to collect some kind of keys or stones to unlock a zone or boss. To make it challenging, the max that each player can contribute is 10 or 20, which forces the guild to work as a TEAM to unlock the mission/boss. Once you have the necessary requirements, only then will the zone or boss open up. Then you have a boss, with some insane amount of hp, something that will take a few days to kill. Have the rewards system be exactly like the Faction Wars where if you contribute 10 percent you have a chance for an extended item. If you have it so that only the most damage done can get the "best" item, much like the Hells or Mines reward system, people will get frustrated with this rather quickly.

We need a new challenge or just some new incentive for this game. I personally would even slash all my stats back down to 100 each if it meant that stats were unlocked again...that is how bad I want it.
The VV Family is currently searching for motivated individuals eager to improve their character. Contact me if you are interested.
Fieryshoe

Postby Talon Lake » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:12 am

I'd like to see an admin opinion.
Dreamworld
Name - Talon | Guild - Member of DB2

Time World
Facebook| Name - Talon | Galaxy 9
Talon Lake

Postby Arctica » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:05 pm

Lol, how many times before I left DuN and spoke to other players on facebook about making a 2nd tier mines... I swear some people never listen to me because I'm well me :lol:
Arctica

Postby Blood » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:49 pm

for 3 years I brought gems week after week and without fail brought heroic and Genius. Now I cant afford too but do you think I can ever find one in a mystery box? Just spent 2000 nrg and basicially nothing but crap armour, but what gets me is
the people I know who are sitting on thousands of gems and find them both every single day.
You would think a litle bit of loyalty would come back to the people who have funded this game while playing it.

Hell yea on the cap too but after years of loyalty and thousands of dollars in money spent now it comes to the crunch. I get less than those who spent less to nothing.
I don't get it.
All I want is to find one of these in a box at some stage. Even one a week would be nice! but No.

Once again Im back becasue nothing has changed.
Wish I never spent a dime on this game.
Guild: ECF
Blood

Postby Fieryshoe » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:36 pm

We should make predictions on when the next update will arrive. My guess right now is 04-01-14.
Fieryshoe

Postby Maria » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:30 am

I find the post by Blood a little odd. This game has changed massively since I started playing over 4 years ago - and continues to do so regularly.

Agreed Fiery - if you think next update is then, then it probably will be :)
Tracey
Titans

Maria

Postby hellotik » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:28 pm

When do we have the next update?
I remember the admin said it is new update every 6 month somewhere (maybe in kongregate forum?).
The last update was in late August last year....
hellotik

Postby Arctica » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:06 am

We get it as soon as the devs add it, and dont forget prob since that post they have released more games...
Arctica

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion