Loosing interest

General discussions about the game.
Please use other forums below for questions.

Loosing interest

Postby Blood » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:13 am

How many years have I played Dw now. How many gems have I brought? in the thousands! But here I am always struggling to find heroic or Genius. The last 2 enchants went right up to 65/70 before I got a success. I have been trying to enchant my staff up to 5000 for 2 months and I have not even reached 4600 yet! Just fail after fail. I am sick of finding just coins! no pills, well very rarely, definately no Heroic.
I talk to others and they find both of them every single day. I have spend most of my time never finding them so I always buy both of them by the week But on the few times i cant afford them, I can never find them.
All I want is a little more.

Nothing. so like many other in this game, I too are looking interest. I dont want much just more than what I am getting ..Nothing.
One thing is for sure. you have to give in order to keep people. you make things so difficult that people loose interest. You have definitely lot the balance.
Guild: ECF
Blood

Re: Loosing interest

Postby Solomon Grundy » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:57 pm

Solomon Grundy

Postby ian » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:42 pm

almost as if they are trying to kill dream world. post soft cap is lame anyway but going 10 days without a successful enhance potion? and thats averaging at least 25 ep's per day and sometimes double that. and as for pill drops........ none out of 16 mb's today and that is close to normal anymore.
ian

Postby Maria » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:23 pm

Darn it - where's a "like" button when I need it Grundy ??? :D
Tracey
Titans

Maria

Postby Fieryshoe » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:00 pm

I don't see why there should even be a cap on stats. When you put a cap on your character's growth, what is there else left to do? Whether it is Candy Crush or World of Warcraft, people play games so that they can show off in comparison to what their friends are doing. In Candy Crush, each person wants to be the bad ass that is ahead of everyone else on the map. In WoW, you want to be the high level character with the best weapons. The point is, you always have something else left to do that will be an accomplishment. When you have nothing else left to do, no other means of improving your character, no more achievements left to get, that is when you give up and walk away from the game.

My sincere hope is that the devs would consider unlocking the stat caps completely or at least increasing the cap to something where the high level characters have something left to look forward to. In six months, you will have the entire top 100 with two max stats and probably either at 100 or close to it. Parity is fun in football, but not so much in dreamworld.

I also hope that the devs would strongly consider a few of the ideas proposed by the Dreamworld United Nations group. Even if it is only one or two implemented, it could go a long way towards keeping this game around and FUN for many people.

Any ETA on the update?
The VV Family is currently searching for motivated individuals eager to improve their character. Contact me if you are interested.
Fieryshoe

Postby Talon Lake » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:39 pm

I greatly agree, there should be no cap on stats.. I have no clue why one was ever even added personally.
Maybe also weapons/armors should also be uncapped, but keep the 5% chance forever beyond 900... It's not like you could even get very far without the 1k limit in place, maybe a couple hundred ahead for the insane players.
Dreamworld
Name - Talon | Guild - Member of DB2

Time World
Facebook| Name - Talon | Galaxy 9
Talon Lake

Postby etching » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:02 am

Talon Lake wrote:I greatly agree, there should be no cap on stats.. I have no clue why one was ever even added personally.

Because of virtual members, I think?
etching

Postby Maria » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:37 pm

I think they had to cap the stats because it was becoming impossible for people to compete. The cap on VMs was prob for the same reason - that and you could end up with practically perpetual energy eventually I guess to they capped it at whatever Kelvin had in VMs at that time, hence its an odd number
Tracey
Titans

Maria

Postby Talon Lake » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:04 pm

I think the stat cap should raise in updates when the level cap does, even just 200 or so would be some nice room for the top players.
Dreamworld
Name - Talon | Guild - Member of DB2

Time World
Facebook| Name - Talon | Galaxy 9
Talon Lake

Postby Blood » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:15 am

You all have great points! Come to think of it, it was just one main valid point! Why the cap?
It needs to be changed. It goes against human nature and game success to put a cap on progress! How does one remain interested when
you end up becoming stagnant, giving everyone else the opportunity to catch up and even overtake when so much time and hardwork has gone into
reaching top level!

Just this one change would re ignite DW. Obviously most of all the big decisions are based on Gem purchases and profits but I cant see how it would change
anything in a negative way. Obviously un-cap the cap and bring back life to this party! Its a win win!

Sorry about my huge winge on Finding heroic and Genius..or not finding them. Still they never come my way. What frustrates me is other in my guide who have
thousands of gems and never have brought them week to week, find both of them every single day! Dont get it.
whoops squeezed out another winge...but I'm here playing and checking it out everyday.

Uncap Uncap Uncap!!!
Guild: ECF
Blood

Next

Return to General Discussion