come play dragon era

General discussions about the game.
Please use other forums below for questions.

Re: come play dragon era

Postby Vitreous » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:21 pm

mee wrote:The fact that there is literally nothing going on in your forums, proves this game is dead, whether you want to admit to it or not, i can look and see the last posts of this game...to believe anything other than this game of yours isn't brain dead, living off a feeding tube & breathing machine, would indicate YOU are living in a dream world

Interesting that you choose to equate forum activity to a game's vitality. I will be patiently waiting to see exactly how active the forum postings will be for Dragon Era if and when it has existed for more than four years.

I will not argue that this forum tends to be infrequently used by many of the Dream World players. After the loss of the Facebook forums, many players chose not to register accounts in the "old" forum. For the majority of the player base, the forums became almost a side-bar for questions or issues, as we had evolved alternative formats for our exchanges, including a global/guild chat function, access to independent chat groups, fan generated websites, and direct contact with the developers.

I would also present for your consideration that each game that Wei and Playmage have developed all go through the same process of multiple updates, new content, and a strong elicitation of commentary from their player base during their formative months, and the frequency and amount of additional content will decrease after the first year, or two if you are lucky. All developers worthy of the title will naturally lose some interest in their creation as newer ideas are generated, but this does not necessarily portend the "death" of a game. The continued success of a game, particularly one using an internet/Facebook platform, will always be determined by the passion and support of the players. Beyond all of that, regarding Dream World, they now have to contend with the massive amount of power-creep that has occurred over the last 4+ years. Creating new challenges for those that have obtained a nigh-deified state of power is not something that happens every other week.

I hope for Wei's sake that Dragon Era is able to generate the longevity and fervor that accompanied Dream World. I sincerely hope you enjoy playing Dragon Era, and are willing to show your enjoyment of that game by supporting Playmage both in your written/verbal expressions and monetary purchases. I would also hope that you spend a greater portion of time considering your opinions upon the status of a game before you insult the very players you are attempting to recruit.
Vitreous

Postby mee » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:51 am

Why would i join a dead ass game?...there's no social element to the game at all, it's who has decent cards who will put up when I'm in need...dragon era is a cool concept..most certainly not without it's massive flaws....mee b me in elite...been around the block on de...just trying to give some life to dw mfrs..don't trip..player from illumination I've never heard.
mee

Postby Fieryshoe » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:44 pm

mee wrote:Why would i join a dead ass game?...there's no social element to the game at all, it's who has decent cards who will put up when I'm in need...

The social element is what keeps the game alive, you couldn't be more wrong if you tried. The game is not dead, but right now it is the loyal core that is keeping it alive. And if you really think people play this game solely for the card concept then...ugggh...nothing more needs to be said.
The VV Family is currently searching for motivated individuals eager to improve their character. Contact me if you are interested.
Fieryshoe

Postby Vitreous » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:48 pm

Shoe, it may be that mee's continued use of sentence fragmentation has misled your understanding. I believe what mee was attempting to convey is that Dragon Era is not a "social" game, and that he has no interest in playing a social game except wherein he can exploit the use of game elements, in this case cards, to his own benefit of said other players. The social reference was not aimed at Dream World, nor the card collecting. What we apparently have here is a egoistic "player", not a "fellow gamer" as they would like to lead us to believe.
Vitreous

Postby Talon Lake » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:29 pm

I quit dragon era now actually, but the guild message board is a BITCH to chat on, despite that illumination was very social and friendly in it.
Dreamworld
Name - Talon | Guild - Member of DB2

Time World
Facebook| Name - Talon | Galaxy 9
Talon Lake

Postby mee » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:38 pm

Talon Lake wrote:I quit dragon era now actually, but the guild message board is a BITCH to chat on, despite that illumination was very social and friendly in it.
I'm 100% with you on that, we ended up creating our own guild chat. Best of luck to you.
mee

Previous

Return to General Discussion