Invasion Idea

General discussions about the game.
Please use other forums below for questions.

Invasion Idea

Postby Talon Lake » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:28 pm

An idea came up in chat that I was really fond of for invasion.
Make the invasion towns give more of a boost for the winning guild as it goes up the map (From lakeview to demon gates), and change the damage cap per city. Demon gates with no cap would give the biggest guild experience boost, where lakeview would give the least with the smallest cap. (Probably stay at 10b or be 5b cap). It'd be fun to have top guilds competing again with not every town being the same. Say mt killjoy had a 100 million cap, it's not all about activity but also strength, it would bring some life back to the game.
Thoughts?
Dreamworld
Name - Talon | Guild - Member of DB2

Time World
Facebook| Name - Talon | Galaxy 9
Talon Lake

Re: Invasion Idea

Postby Darth » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:36 pm

hmmm, sound interesting for sure....
The Crazy 1 eyed Demonic Vampire of Gate Destroyers (gds)
Fromally known as Deadpool currantly known as Weapon xXx in DreamWorld

Retired form Time World
Darth

Postby alfatemycat » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:45 am

Not a bad idea except the only thing it would prove is who can run their scripts the longest without getting caught. Invasion is the top scripted part of the game and know why? Because it's boring. But hey at least someone is thinking even if devs say no or flat out ignore the idea.
Being safe on the internet is a lot like being safe in real life. Always have a back-up plan and be careful where you stick your pointer.
alfatemycat

Postby Darth » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:03 pm

alfatemycat wrote:Not a bad idea except the only thing it would prove is who can run their scripts the longest without getting caught. Invasion is the top scripted part of the game and know why? Because it's boring. But hey at least someone is thinking even if devs say no or flat out ignore the idea.

to me this sounds like you know as you do it? beside there is no point in scripting invasion, as any well built toon can and should be able to put up 10bil+ in like 30mins - 1hour or faster. (this is well built toon)

I personally like the idea, and no i do not regulatory hit invasion not that its is boring, but there is not a challenge left there.
The Crazy 1 eyed Demonic Vampire of Gate Destroyers (gds)
Fromally known as Deadpool currantly known as Weapon xXx in DreamWorld

Retired form Time World
Darth

Postby Talon Lake » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:01 pm

With this idea the guilds would actually have a reason to fight. Everybody just owns a town, we uprooted T3A this week, because why not I guess. If it worked this way, higher towns would be harder to get/hold, easier to actually put in effort to take towns, and bigger benefit for more effort.
Sure people can script, but a decent amount of people are caught and banned. I think 3 102's got banned recently, that should slightly deter people. ;)
Dreamworld

Time World
Talon Lake

Postby alfatemycat » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:18 pm

No Darth I do not script. I am just saying that it would be the easiest part of the game to script for those that can't do heavy damage yet still want a respectable exp bonus from invasion.
Being safe on the internet is a lot like being safe in real life. Always have a back-up plan and be careful where you stick your pointer.
alfatemycat

Postby Pasquale » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:40 am

Saying not to add something to the game because of scripters is a silly reason... There will ALWAYS be people cheating in a game if they can... that doesn't mean you shouldn't update the game

It's an interesting idea... i'd be happier if it rewarded things other than just exp bonus though... maybe each town could have a different reward for winning (on top of the exp bonus or instead of it)

Not sure exactly what the rewards would be maybe 2x coin bonus for that week could be one (not stackable with the weekend bonus), added % to getting card drops for another.. mbs? etc
treasureguy
AoD
Pasquale

Postby Talon Lake » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:09 pm

Bumping this as I'd love to see some change in the game without throwing in new content, midaswell change the outdated items.

On that note raise the damn stat cap. I hate how the strongest people in the game haven't gotten stronger in years.
Dreamworld

Time World
Talon Lake

Return to General Discussion