Dream World Mobile Remake

General discussions about the game.
Please use other forums below for questions.

Dream World Mobile Remake

Postby admin » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:36 pm

Hi All,

The Android (Google Play) version of the Dream World we released has not picked up much traction, since the embedded browser UI isn't too appealing for the mobile experience. We are planning on remaking a new mobile game based on Dream World, but slightly different theme and story (and name), with a party based battle system (you control several main characters instead of one, such as the old Might and Magic series). We would like to know if player would be interested in playing such game, and if so what would prefer to be prefer to be the format of the game.

1. Would you play a new party based RPG based on Dream World if we make it?

2. Would you prefer it to be a paid app (eg. $4.99USD) with mostly single player experience, or a freemium online app with in-app purchase (similar to current Dream World)

Thanks in advance for everyone's feedback!
Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Re: Dream World Mobile Remake

Postby lyoness » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:48 pm

I have gotten an I pad that I do a lot of my things on now. But there is no version of facebook Dreamworld available to play on it. My android phone screen is just too small to play the game on. Do you plan on making this game available for an I pay? I have played dreamworld now for 10 years on Kong but I would really like to be able to play this faceback version on my I pad.
lyoness

Postby A__Name » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:57 pm

New party based dreamworld would be awesome. Being able to actually use the varried allies recruitable throughout levels instead of them just being ignored for the best ally gems can buy. (maybe limit it to 1 premium ally). A mixture of single player paid and freemium would also be cool. For example pay for the initial access to the game, but still include the guild and raiding elements of dream world. the settings could be more developed, instead of area's just getting higher level, unlocking new sections to old area's that you have to explore to find. There are so many different way's to tweek the game it would be fun.
A__Name

Postby admin » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:09 am

Thanks for the feedbacks, please keep them coming. The new mobile game would be available for both Android and iPhone/iPad devices, and possible available on web if it does well (since it will be new party-based game, though reusing similar explore mechanic and reusing some characters/mobs).
admin
Site Admin

Postby nkubazew » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:57 am

On your new mobile app, will you be able to go back and forth to the web game? In some of my games, if I use my iPhone, my web version is gone.
nkubazew

Postby jamie7121 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:50 pm

Looking fwd to trying this
GM of Drunken Bastards
jamie7121

Postby Mutt » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:04 pm

You know I’ve been watching playmage for sometime now and there are some pretty neat games out there. That said many reviews show people complaining about having to pay for this and that. People are gonna complain when it comes to spending money. I haven’t really made a full return to dream world but it’s nice to log on and see some legacies still in place. If you are trying to hook people then it’s needs to be free to start. Now a 5 dollar one time fee for a great game would work but if you are trying to tap into a market of kids or what not that don’t have income then it needs to be free with a decent amount of “Bear Traps”. Things people are going to want to buy. For RPGs people pay loads of money for being able to cut corners and buy their way past the competition. Well all know that but the other side is customization. Skins, outfits, ever a simple color change to express a players individuality will go far and people won’t be able to help themselves. All that said you also need to compensate players who want to enjoy the free to play aspect of a game. These players will always be the majority of the game and will grow the community. So how do you get those players to become paying players? Give them a chance to earn the in game currency through time and work but without making it too easy. Watching ads, daily quests or even a market when they can sell equipment for in game currency...something to teach them the benefit of supporting a game financially. I will never be a player that will drop loads of money out of the gate in a game but, show me an app that I will continue to want to play and you will earn my support. I have found games that do that...when it was five dollars here and there to start, I later realize I have spend 100 or more. I grew up in a generation where a video game cost 60 dollars on average. You would pay that for a game that is worth it. Give players new content and obtainable dreams. Then you will see a strong community with growing profits. Maybe players like myself ruined dreamworld with our obsessive playing but I must say it’s nice to hear you are thinking of moving forward and growing the franchise...

Oh and make sure it’s for iOS too as I won’t buy another android. Didn’t mind the mobile version though. It was done well.

Oh yeah and AoD for life! Love you guys!
ImageImage
Its great being me,
Tell them Dreamworld is free!
ʇʇnW
Aka
Rydia
Mutt

Postby etching » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:18 am

Mutt wrote: I will never be a player that will drop loads of money out of the gate in a game but, show me an app that I will continue to want to play and you will earn my support. I have found games that do that...when it was five dollars here and there to start, I later realize I have spend 100 or more.

I play this game called Trainstation and it has one of the greatest things ever...

For a one-time $2.99 purchase, you get five gems a day, every day, *forever*. Not for a week or a month --- forever.
While the gems pile up over time, keep in mind it takes weeks to get something good with gems at 5 per day.
So the hardcore fanatics will still cough up the big bucks because they aren't gonna wait weeks or months to buy something.
But OTOH you're squeezing a couple bucks out of the cheapskates who otherwise would never drop a dime on a game.
Keep in mind, though, there are a buttload of cheapskates out there :lol:

So please consider including this purchase option in the new game. I'm sure you won't regret it...
etching

Postby Valor62 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:31 pm

I think Matt's comment hits the nail on the head with his explanation on a free game with micro-transactions vs a game that requires an up-front cost. Get people in the door with a free game and when the game is great people will spend money on it, just like Dream World.

One feature I would like to see is some recognition for players who played (and climbed) in Dream World. I'm not exactly sure how it would work. Perhaps it would just be a badge on your profile that says "legacy player" and then displays your level on the original Dream World. Another option would be unique cosmetics for players that played the original game. I think doing something in this area is important because you want to ensure that your Dream World players that have stuck with the game for many years are appreciated and will continue to support your new title.

You should continue to post occasional updates to the Dream World notifications feed so we the players can easily follow the project. I look forward to the game!

-Valor from HEA
Valor62

Postby admin » Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:43 am

UPDATE:
Thanks for everyone's feedback! Good progress has been made to the remake project and it will be another free to play game with IAP as most players suggested. A new forum category has been created (just the announcements sub-forum for now). Please check the announcement thread linked below for future updates, but use this thread to provide any thought and feedback for now.
https://www.playmage.com/forum/viewtopi ... 51&t=20742

Best Regards,
Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to General Discussion