timing out

General discussions about the game.
Please use other forums below for questions.

timing out

Postby genessa » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:40 pm

if it takes six minutes to regain one point of energy, what is the purpose of timing a player out between use of the last point and the appearance of the next? isn't that just mean? i KEEP timing out... and i am not going anywhere, it is literally six minutes or less, just enough time to get that next point! that has to be a glitch, and it's really frustrating.

g
genessa

Re: timing out

Postby admin » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:30 pm

If you are getting constant session time outs every six minutes, then something is wrong with your account. Make sure you down have multiple windows open as they will force the session from each other to expire. Make sure you are not behind a proxy server or dynamic IP pool as well. If either is true for you, private message me your character name, level, and your IP address, and I will take a further look.
admin
Site Admin

Postby lorrita » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:27 pm

i have a problem with this also ...it should not take a hour and a half to get back all your energy points ...it really is bad
lorrita

Postby admin » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:05 pm

If you are seeing constant timeouts and you are using IE, please try adding "www.playmage.com" as a trusted site.

lorrita - we could make it 2 minute to recover 1 energy, but then each click will cost 5-100 energy instead of just 1 energy. But you will be getting much less game play out of that, especially when you reach higher levels when you spend one days worth of energy in 5 clicks in some games. We actually have several complaints that this game takes too much time to play already, so we can't reduce the turn timer any further.
admin
Site Admin

Postby sodtiwaz » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:55 pm

too long to play? I started a few days ago and am currently level 42...yes it's getting a bit slower leveling but beating a game in 1-2 weeks of sparatic play is not "too long" i spent over 100 hours on final fantasy 10 just doing arena and blitzball...
sodtiwaz

Return to General Discussion