What is the advantage of attacking other players?

General discussions about the game.
Please use other forums below for questions.

What is the advantage of attacking other players?

Postby wolfy42 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:35 am

I'm really enjoying this game...and soon I'll be maxed out...but I am curious what the advantage is of attacking other players (other then right before you level up since you know you'll get more exp that way towards the following level).

PvP gives more experience then a random encounter but not more then a special encounter...and it costs 2 energy. In addition you probably average less money from PvP encounters then from 2 random encounters. Finally you can get loot from random encounters (from finishing quests/dream goddess etc) worth a ton...and you can get crystals and stat boosts.

I'm not sure I see what the point is to fighting other players? I mean maybe if you got more exp then you do from the dream goddess or something...but even then you generally have to use more skill points to kill another player then you would vs the goddess.

Is it just about stats...saying you defeated so many other players or is there an actual advantage or reward you get from defeating players that I am missing?
wolfy42

Re: What is the advantage of attacking other players?

Postby Brijii » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:05 am

When you are past level 50 you get a lot more XP when attacking other players. I'm at level 53 and it can take about 20 energy to move up just 1% in level 5 of Mt Killjoy and that's including getting a couple of the special encounters but when you attack another player it takes 2 attacks (4energy) to move 1%.
Brijii

Postby wolfy42 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:16 am

Ah that explains it thanks:) I'm getting close to that point and I thought it might be something like that (not having anything else higher to kill).

I think there should be a purse for the winner though since we are fighting in an arena. I mean on top of getting a % of what the other player has (which is usually almost nothing). Shouldn't we at least get = the amount in coins we would normally get from 2 fights against random enemies of our level?

I fight 2 random enemies and get 150k+ average coins. I fight one player and get half that on average.
wolfy42

Postby Ember » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:28 pm

could also be the badges that you get for PVPing...
Ember

Postby Gwynbleidd » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:57 pm

I've been aiming for the badge, but now im lv54 theres only few targets in arena, and which some impossible to beat. Most times the arena is blank... So been camping the targets i can win. :oops:

So, sorry to the same people i keep attacking over and over 8-)

It's best to get the 1000 pvp before getting too high, i only started pvp in the later levels.
Gwynbleidd

Postby wolfy42 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:54 am

I'm still aiming for the 300 pvp badge myself...the 1000 badge seems insane. I can usually hit 5 or so people every time I log on which is maybe 20 or so a day in the arena....so getting to 1000 is going to take a long time at this rate. After I get my con over 100 I'll probably get more serious about arena fighting though and make sure I take out everyone available (I skip anyone with 70+ con right now) each time I log on. Even so it'll be like a month before I hit 1000!!

Who knows what changes will be implemented by then. It seems like updates and changes happen pretty fast in dream world.

Just curious....does anyone know how long this game has been around? The highest level players don't seem that much higher then me or seem to have that many more monster kills. Did the game just become available?
wolfy42

Postby admin » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:45 am

Dream World for Facebook was opened to the public in early November 2009, so it has been available for 2 months. The original game which this is based on was running between 2002-2005.
admin
Site Admin

Postby wolfy42 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:10 am

Wow thats not super long ago as far as games go at least. Nice to actually be playing one within the first year that it started (although I guess technically it's the next year now heh). I'm sure it's a big difference between the early 50's and lvl 59 but it's nice to be at least within 10 levels of the top players:)
wolfy42

Return to General Discussion