What the point in dual class / change class?

General discussions about the game.
Please use other forums below for questions.

What the point in dual class / change class?

Postby lehamamura » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm

I've reached the grand wizard level, and took some points in sword, aiming for the champiom class, but, whats the point of that? since I can't use de skill from both classes? I can only use from one class... We should use all the skills from the classes, otherwise is best to invest lerning points in atributes instead of trying the other classes / dual class
lehamamura

Re: What the point in dual class / change class?

Postby Nurvingiel » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:35 pm

It does seem that a dual class (with lv 30 in 2 skill areas) is not as good as a high level single class (lv 40 in one area). Once I have achieved the highest level of Ranger, I plan to level up in magic skills just so I can learn heal.

Edit: Changing class from, say, Marksman to Deadeye is really useful though.
Nurvingiel

Postby Knowname » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:17 pm

Nurvingiel wrote:It does seem that a dual class (with lv 30 in 2 skill areas) is not as good as a high level single class (lv 40 in one area). Once I have achieved the highest level of Ranger, I plan to level up in magic skills just so I can learn heal.

Edit: Changing class from, say, Marksman to Deadeye is really useful though.

it's good to lvl up in other skills anyway as ranger increases your crit rate (if I'm not mistaken... or Rangers just get the shaft... which is very possible as well as they ALWAYS do), mage gives you extra skill points and warrior gives you more hp.
Knowname

Postby wolfy42 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:34 pm

You only get the class bonus (extra crit rate/block rate/magic damage etc) of the class you currently choose but you can ALWAYS use any skills gained from classes if you wield the appropriate weapon (so if your a warrior wielding a staff you can use mage spells).

This can lead to some very strong combinations. In my opinion the best combo is to choose the class dragon slayer (For the 15% increased block rate) and wield a staff and use those skills. This gives you the highest chance to block attacks...the ability to heal at will.....and doesn't drop your damage much.

Combo classes can combine the bonuses. Champion for instance gives you 8% block and 8% magic boost. The advantage here is you only need 30 in each to get the bonus. The disadvantage is 15% block is generally better then 8% block and 8% magic damage boost.

Sadly crit boost is just not as useful as magic boost or block in my opinion since crits are completely ignored when an attack is blocked. The magic damage boost and block boost are better but the block boost adds to other block bonuses in a much better way then magic damage boost does.

If you have the protection item + decent quickenss etc the dragon slayer bonus will end up reducing damage you take by a large percentage (say you stop 50% already...another 15% reduction will end up being a 30% over all reduction in damage you would take. If you stopped 80% already a 15% block rate increase would drop damage taken by 75%).

Meanwhile the magic damage boost of 15% actually ends up being less then a 15% increase due to other magical bonuses. If you say already do 120% magic damage naturally (just from a staff). Then the 15% increase becomes more like 12% or something. The higher a characters base magic damage bonus is already the less bonus they get from being a grand wizard. Meanwhile the higher a characters base block chance is the larger advantage they get from being a dragon slayer.

So that is why it's good to boost multiple weapon skills. End result from my experience so far is that dragon slayer is the best current class to end up as. Sadly I didn't figure all this out until my character is already a very high lvl heh. If I did it all again I would change many things. I would hold off on putting any points into int/dex/quickness till they naturally maxed out at 32 from puzzles and I would have concentrated FAR more on boosting my sword skill and just boost magic up enough early on to snag Dragon slayers asap.
wolfy42

Return to General Discussion