question on chests

General discussions about the game.
Please use other forums below for questions.

question on chests

Postby Ember » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:07 pm

how do I do the "years young" quests? I first added the numbers and was wrong, then I subtratced the numbers and it was still wrong...what the...?
Ember

Re: question on chests

Postby wolfy42 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:56 pm

The years young quests vary...I'll try and post them by memory.

I am currently 28 how young will I be in 40 years? (For this one add the two numbers)

I will be 69 years young in 20 years how old am I now? (subtract 20 from 69 for the current age)

Think thats all of them.....

For the chickens/cows/horses just multiply the number of heads by the max number of legs (horses 4/3 legged cows by 3). Then subtract the number of legs that are actually listed from that total. The resulting number is either the number of chickens there are (if it was 3 legged cows) or if it is horses you must divide by 2 to get the number of chickens. To find the number of horses/cows just subtract the number of chickens from the number of heads.

example there are chickens and 3 legged cows (moo), 60 heads and 160 feet. How many cows are there?

Multiply the max number of feet (3) by the number of heads (60) and you get 180. Subtract 160 feat from 180 and you get 20. That is the number of chickens there are. To find the number of cows subtract 20 from the number of heads and you get 40. So there are 40 cows and 20 chickens.

If it was chickens and horses....then the number of feet would be 200 and it would look like this.

Max number of feet on an animal is 4 times heads = 240. Subtract the total number of heads is 240-200= 40. Divide this by 2 and you have 20 chickens. Subrtact 20 chickens from the total number of heads shows you that there are 40 horses.

Using this method you can easily and quickly solve both puzzles in your head in a few seconds....after playing long enough it becomes incredibly easy.

The colored puzzle is cake too but hard to explain. Basically just go 4 red then 2 red/2 green/ Then whatever the number of possible/correct choices for red/greens you have (the first guess shows how many red...the second shows how many green) and the rest blue.

After your third guess you know exactly how many of every color there is (because any that are not the other three are yellow) The second guess usually will tell you if the reds are on the left or right side and the same for the greens (if there are any). Your third choice can be used to define the positions even more while finding out if there are any blues.

It is possible I think to always solve it by your 4th choice or at most 5th....but basically using those first 3 steps will allow you to easily determine the position every time very fast.
wolfy42

Return to General Discussion