Enraged???!!!

General discussions about the game.
Please use other forums below for questions.

Enraged???!!!

Postby gracecamel » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:59 am

What's with this new "enraged" stuff? Every mob I take on now gets enraged as I hit it and is taking much longer to kill, and as a result I'm now having to use up skill points, in some cases, to kill the ordinary mobs. My 200+ points that used to last me a whole level are now all but gone by the time I hit 25%
gracecamel

Re: Enraged???!!!

Postby skier » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:52 am

its definitely a good effort by admin to develope the game. heres some feedback from me...

at my level (55+), the only challenge this enraged feature adds is to spend more of my time clicking. they are still VERY easy to defeat due to my blocking and regen, it just takes more time for me because i realise the enemie's block rate increases significantly. as a result this change is undesirable for me because i waste more time clicking more times but the challenge of killing mobs did not increase.

i know this may be unconstructive but its my two cents worth of thought XD
skier

Postby Gwynbleidd » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:10 pm

This is sweet, they are giving more exp for the new harder ones ;D

golden dragon Lv 50

You received 236000 coins!
You received 3120000 experience!

This one had its name in purple, with block ability and higher hp .
Gwynbleidd

Postby wolfy42 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:41 pm

I have to agree that the change is not making the monsters any harder at the higher levels...just making them take longer to kill. Of course just using your 1 skill point spell/ability will take them out super fast anyway (and what else are you going to use them on?).

I like the change...but perhaps increasing damage or letting enraged monsters hit through blocks or something (maybe doing half damage through a block instead of full) would add more to the challenge. As it is I still just spam click the attack button to kill them, the guardian and everyone else. I just use my skill points on arena combat pretty much unless I am about to level or it's almost midnight (then I just 1 shot everything hehe)
wolfy42

Postby wolfy42 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:43 pm

Gwynbleidd wrote:This is sweet, they are giving more exp for the new harder ones ;D

golden dragon Lv 50

You received 236000 coins!
You received 3120000 experience!

This one had its name in purple, with block ability and higher hp .

If you read the help file (it brings it to you if you click on the monster), red named monsters give 2x base exp and purple give 4x base exp (if I remember correctly). It does not say anything about extra coins and I have not checked to see if you get extra...but it's a nice bonus to exp!!

Post lvl 52 or so you'll probably still get more from an arena combat...but it's a nice boost in exp anyway:)
wolfy42

Postby Sithin » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:47 pm

skier wrote:at my level (55+), the only challenge this enraged feature adds is to spend more of my time clicking. they are still VERY easy to defeat due to my blocking and regen, it just takes more time for me because i realise the enemie's block rate increases significantly. as a result this change is undesirable for me because i waste more time clicking more times but the challenge of killing mobs did not increase.

I second that opinion. Going through mobs with full energy takes time but with enraged monsters it only last longer and becomes boring and tiresome. Instead usual 5-10 clicks I need to click over a minute to kill it. It would be OK if not frequency. Normal mobs are now very rare and enraged (special mobs) are usual. Having 20 enraged mobs in one session is extremely irritating.
Sithin

Postby wolfy42 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:28 pm

My suggestion would be to only increase the monsters max hp and damage....and remove any ability to block attacks when they are enraged. That makes more sense anyway as an enraged creature would not be worrying about defense.

Then for red monsters give then 2x damage and max hp...and purple monsters do 4x damage and have 4x max hp.

That would make them a challenge without making killing them an ordeal.

That being said....again if you just use a 1 point skill you hit every time and they go down in 5-6 attacks or so.
wolfy42

Return to General Discussion