money

General discussions about the game.
Please use other forums below for questions.

money

Postby Shamell » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:25 am

is battling and the boxes the only way to generate money. trying to figure out how people can afford the items that cost a million or more i never get near that. other games have ways to generate income hourly. i think that might help us newbies and keep us playing
Shamell

Re: money

Postby BanzaiBob » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:06 am

Trust me - apart from when you first start playing you will NEVER be short of cash. The amount of cash per encounter increases massivly as you advance and there is a very limited amount of equipment to buy so you soon have a very healthy bank balance and those 30mil + items will soon be yours. As yet the only way to get cash outside of encounters is to buy it with gems from the guardian and at lvl 49 she offers me 588000 for 12 gems - about 3 fights worth so not a good idea !!! As you advance through the game your leveling speed slows alot and so you will generate more cash per level - just try to advance quickly (advise getting the +30 energy item asap) and when you do get some spare cash look at investing in your Con stat - never use skill points to raise it - this keeps me poor but healthy !!! More ways to generate cash may be introduced later but havnt heard anything yet - wolfy should be along soon and may know a bit more than me, usualy does and helps me alot !!!!!
BanzaiBob

Re: money

Postby wolfy42 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:41 pm

Thanks Banzai:)

I totally second the getting the 30 energy item as soon as possible, I waited till around lvl 50 (I didn't do any of the gem offers till then and so didn't have enough gems to buy anything really). Early on the 30 energy item will probably double how fast you advance while giving you tons more money and helping you boost your stats through puzzles etc much faster....it's awesome. Try doing the survey of the day if nothing else as it's worth 11 gems a pop and then when you get a decent number of friends send out pink crystals and hope more then 1 reciprocates (that helps generate gems quickly too!).

The real money though will come from getting items through battling the dream guardian and donating money to the beggar along with finishing random quests (I like killing the red girl for the imp...but either way works). Early on you may have a hard time killing the dream guardian but later on it's cake....even early on just use your highest skill on her and you should win (might take 2 shots) The dream guardian should give you an item worth quite alot and you can hold off selling it till you have enough to purchase an expensive item or stat boost.

At this point my dream guardian gives me items worth about 18million for instance:)

Also if you donate a large amount to the beggar she will usually give you an item worth 2x as much as you donated (think it's a bit random though). I'm not sure if there is a cap on the level of item she can give...I usually just give her 2million and get a 5million item back.

Another way to get coins is by chatting with the old wise man..but that is based on your current int. The smarter you are the more exp and coins you get from him. I would suggest holding off on boosting int since you can get it to 32 through puzzles alone and then spend the skill points later....but boosting int up to 10 for instance early on (if you start with it lower) won't hurt much and will help you get to the higher int levels faster.

Other then that you just need to get to a higher level and you'll see money coming in like crazy. I suggest not spending it on special weapons till later. Get the base highest weapon for each town as soon as you can....and wait to get armor by defeating the guardian or finishing quests (no need to ever buy armor in my opinion). All the rest of your money should probably go into increasing strength and con through the master healer. You should have enough to increase one or the other every level at least once...at least after the first few levels.
wolfy42

Return to General Discussion