Newbie guide for non-gem buyers

General discussions about the game.
Please use other forums below for questions.

Newbie guide for non-gem buyers

Postby deimyx » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:35 am

HI! First of all, I would like to say that I just started playing the game so if I say anything wrong here, please don't be mad and just post a reply to correct me. Moving on, I decided to create this guide since it takes a while for my energy to regenerate. :lol: Second, when I started this game, I thought it was really hard since here in our country, we don't get any surveys so gems are really hard for us. So, to all those who can't afford gems, here are some pointers you may want to consider before you actually start playing the game.

1. Have someone invite you instead of playing the game directly. You would get 500 coins this way. (And this one is really important for a good start.
2. Once you got invited, fill up your guild first before doing anything else. This would increase your max energy by 8 and your fighting experience by 20%. You only need to invite 9 members in total to have a full guild.
3. Visit your guild mates one by one to play the bug game. (don't send then dreamstones yet until you get the quest which requires you to send 5 dreamstones to 5 friends.)
4. Contact your friends and have them send you a "yellow" crystal gift. You should be able to receive a maximum of 6 crystals per day. Trade 5 of these for 20 learning points. Also, any crystals you receive after the 6th would turn to 100 coins. So if you have lots of friends to send you crystals (I believe one can send you multiple times), you will have more starting money.
5. Now, you maybe asking why all the trouble for a couple of thousand coins right at the start? That is because, right at the start, you can visit the village healer for some permanent addition to your con or str. You can also increase your stats by the extra learning points you acquired thru the crystals. These actually makes a big difference as you would easily get to lvl 25 non-stop with this jump start.

If you have finished with that, you can now proceed to fight monsters and finish up your quests. Along your way though, there would be characters and puzzles you would encounter randomly. They provide lots of exp and coins for you. Here are my "suggestions" and tips on how you should face them:
I. Wandering NPC"S
1. Wise Man: Go for the trivia-use google or other search engines to find the answers.
2. Imp: Accept side quest and kill lady in red. If you don't accept this, you can either fight it or just ignore him by clicking on explore.
3. Lady in red:The Imp usually asks you to kill her. You can also get a side quest from her but sometimes she asks you to kill the wise man where you can get some good exp too. So I just prefer killing her. It's actually up to you.
4. Beggar: GIve her money and she would either give energy, item, or (if the amount is too low) just walks away.
5. Gambler: You can gamble with him or kill him. (I prefer killing him for the exp).
6. Dust Merchant: She offers to give you an item w/c replenishes your skill points in exchange for half of what you have. (I prefer to kill her for the exp).
7. Wishing Well: Somewhat like the beggar, throw in money for some energy or get ur money back twice!
8. Mushrooms- eat em!

Please take note though that these npc's are tough and would most likely require you to use skills just to kill them. The last 2 of course can't be fought.

II. Puzzles
There are several puzzles in the game you will encounter which if solved, provide lots of exps and money. They also say it would increase your int although, to be honest, I have not noticed that. Please take note too that you may just want to come back later to this guide once you encounter the puzzle since it's really hard to describe them. For now you may just want to browse thru it so that when you encounter it, you would have an idea.

1. The first puzzle is like minesweeper game on your pc. It has a 3x3 boxes which has 9 box in total. the numbers represent the number of adjacent (left, right, up, down - "not" diagonally) boxes which should be marked. you just need to figure out which 4 out of the 9 slots should be marked. a little tip: look for number 2 on corners, if you find one, mark all boxes adjacent to it. if you find a number 3 at the middle sides, mark all 3 boxes adjacent to it. these will somehow help you. if none of them are on the spots I mentioned, you would need to figure it out then.

2. The second puzzle is like "mastermind" game. You are to guest the color combination and their spots. After submitting a combination, the puzzle would tell you 1) how many colors are right "and" in correct position (C) & 2) how many colors are right "but" in wrong position (P). This one is a little tough (but is actually my favorite) and it would really take long to explain how to crack the code. You can try to search for some guides though by looking up "mastermind board game".

3. The third one are treasure chests. The questions comes in 3 types. The easier ones are the "age questions" and the gallon questions. It just requires simple addition, subtraction, and division. The third one though is a little harder and that is the cow and chicken question. AN example is: "On a farm there are three-legged-cows and chickens. There are total of 92 heads and 275 legs. How many three-legged-cows are on the farm?" For this one, I have a little formula to know the number of cows. Just multiply the number of heads by 2 and then subtract it from number of legs. In this one, that would be 2x92=184, then subtract that from 275 which will give us 91 (3-legged cows). It's actually just a matter of algebra so if you weren't sleeping during your math classes then, this is the time to rejoice.

Well, that's it for now. You can check out other guides in the forums for advanced questions though as I am just a noobie here. :D
deimyx

Re: Newbie guide for non-gem buyers

Postby Purest » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:33 am

This is great, wish I had had it when I first started :)
Purest

Return to General Discussion