Experience comparison: Arena vs monsters

General discussions about the game.
Please use other forums below for questions.

Experience comparison: Arena vs monsters

Postby wolfy42 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:34 am

I thought it might be helpfull for other post 50 players to get an idea of the difference in exp gain per energy point spent between arena fights and monster fights.

I did a pretty short test of monster fights basing my average experience over the use of 10 energy. I got one well which gave an additional 3 energy (but really only 2 since you spend one to get the well) and I ended up with an average exp gain of 1,766,900 exp per energy spend while fighting monsters. That included a few blue enemies, one red, one old man/sage, a well and a ton of normal monsters (more then I usually get per 10 I think).

I then fought a lvl 51 wizard (lowest I can) and spent about 200 skill points to kill him. I netted 9.5 million for the fight which is 4.75 million per energy point (nice).

Next I fought a lvl 52 wizard and spent 300 skill points to defeat her. I netted 11.4 million experience for 2 energy...which is an average of 5.52 million per point (yum!). At this point I still had not used a dust btw:)

Finally I fought a lvl 53 wizard and spent 700 skill points to defeat him (grrr). I netted 13.6million exp for 2 energy points which is 6.8 million per point. I had to use a dust at this point...but between the 3 fights I made about 1/2 the cost of a dust in profit.

Energy to experience it makes the most sense to fight the highest characters you can in the arena...but it is FAR more costly skill point wise. As you can see you can almost get 10x the exp fighting other players then you average fighting monsters...even counting wells, mushrooms etc.

The lvl 51 characters (as long as they are not wielding a guardian blade or in knight mode) go down very fast....so it really does not make sense to fight monsters instead of them if available. The lvl 53 characters can be a real pain though...most of them are fairly well set up defensivly. The one I fought tonight was probably one of the easiest to take down.

Anyway hope this helps someone!!
wolfy42

Return to General Discussion