What is the Best way to Kill Troi

General discussions about the game.
Please use other forums below for questions.

What is the Best way to Kill Troi

Postby unicornlas » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:46 pm

I am level 51 Grand Wizard con 73 HP 7400. Do I have a chance? What is the best spell. I have tried everything but keep getting killed. any help or tips appreciated.
unicornlas

Re: What is the Best way to Kill Troi

Postby wolfy42 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:58 pm

The easy way to kill her and others is to do the following:

Get a nice set of regeneration armor (Greater star robe of regen is good).
Get a low level guardian sword
Increase your sword skill till you get guard (think it's level 12).
Make sure you have an enchanted staff as your main weapon.
Fill up your inventory and bank with fairy dusts except for your guardian sword.

Equip the guardian sword
Enter the battle
Cast guard
Equip your staff
Cast shield
Blast away at her healing as neccesary.

With a protection item and a decent defense along with a healing ally and regen armor it shouldn't be that hard.

Good luck!

Oh to make it even faster/easier if you have level 12 in gun you could cast aim as well....but it's not really neccesary.
wolfy42

Postby wolfy42 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:08 pm

I think I used 3 dusts to take her out using that method btw...but I was inneficient as I used inferno (which doesn't have a great skill point to damage ratio). Implosion does half the damage for 1/5 as many skill points (9 vs 45). So if you want to conserve use implosion (you'll have to heal a few more times though so you'll probably end up still using 2 dusts or so).
wolfy42

Postby wolfy42 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:20 pm

Ooops I forgot they ditch your protection spells...so forget about the guardian sword.....replace it with another fairy dust.

Neo should be killable without a bank slot using the same method. I used 4 dusts I believe on Neo using the following method.

Inferno all the way.....every time you get under half health (I have a 100 con so you might need to be a bit more careful) use heal.

Doesn't take to long to win like that...just make sure you have an enchanted staff equipped.
wolfy42

Postby wolfy42 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:32 pm

The final battle with Mayor Nelson requires a full inventory/bank of dusts, great stats and possibly even some gems used. I havn't killed her yet because I don't want to waste the money and not win heh. It's really iffy mathmatically right now if I would come out on top.

Here are the numbers.

Normal inferno does 200 damage...crit does a bit over 300.....I average about 250 an inferno on her.

I have almost 800 skill points so I can cast about 18 inferno's per.....but I have to cast heals along the way bringing it down to 15 inferno's per dust.

Since I go in with full energy that gives me 11 * 18 inferno's which is just under 200 (198).

Nelson has 40k hp....so 200 normal inferno's should kill her....adding in crits it's almost guarrunteed.

But why risk it...I'm gonna boost my offense a bit more and then go in when I know I can kill her easy.
wolfy42

Postby unicornlas » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:42 pm

I have star staff of power (599) and my other stats are:

Defense Skill Pts 453 / 842
Attack Attack 1468
Defense Defense 96

I too noticed Inferno seems a waste.

Thanks for the tips. I will give it a try again using implosion and heal with 5 fairy dusts.
unicornlas

Postby wolfy42 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:30 pm

Un any enchanted staff even a lvl 1 stick will do more damage then the star staff of power.

Enchanted staves boost your skill damage by 20%.

Attack power of a staff has no effect on skill damage.

Just switchingout your staff will help a ton.

Other then that your defense is pretty low....but troi is pretty easy so you can probably beat her. I wouldn't try the higher guys till you get better equipment though.
wolfy42

Return to General Discussion