Recomemdation on what to buy

General discussions about the game.
Please use other forums below for questions.

Recomemdation on what to buy

Postby Andy the Wise » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:33 am

I have 26 gems. I would appreciate some recommendations of what to use them for. I am a Level 40 Master Mage with Magic skill 24. My attributes are as follow:

Strength 14
Constitution 16
Intelligence 31
Dexterity 27
Quickness 22

I am equipped with:

quantum staff of power (damage 450 +1 strength)
invulnerability robe of regeneration (protection 58)

My ally is a Phoenix with the following
Flame burst Attack 25
regeneration Heal 33
flame shield Block 41

My max values are

Hit Points 1280
Energy 40
Skill 312
Attack 705
Defense 75

I would also like recommendations of what to use the learning points on as I get them.

Thanks
Andy the Wise

Re: Recomemdation on what to buy

Postby BanzaiBob » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:50 pm

The most valuable item I would advise you to get is the +30 energy item but you dont have enough gems - It would be worth waiting to get more as this makes a lot of difference by reducing wasted energy. What you can get are learning points for 24 gems which for you should be put into your magic skill - try to keep it as high as possible for a mage as you gain the most skill points per level and it will allow you to use more skills. This will pay off in PvP where you will use alot of skill points and means you get more for your money out of fairy dust. Its not a good idea to put any points into your basic stats (str,con,etc) as str and con can be purchased at the healer - str is capped at 32 but con is (so far as anybody knows) unlimited. Your other stats - int,dex,quick, can all be raised to 32 from the pills you find in the chests and boxes so wait until they are maxed before you spend any learning points on them. If you manage to get gems a good buy is the block charm and the high priestess for defensive power and when your stats get to the point when you can only buy 2 points with the learning points from the guardian then you may want to look at the +3 items from the special section but for a mage the only one worth getting would be the +3 quickness for defensive ability.

Reading back over your stats I would advise dumping as much cash as possible into you con - lvl 40 with only 16 con makes you a huge target in PvP and will make the final quest insanely difficult. The cost increases more as you level up than when you increase its value so Getting it from 16 to 17 costs less at lvl40 than at lvl41- as there is no real reason to save cash at the moment(The best gear can be gotten from item drops + quest rewards) you are best getting as much as possible as soon as possible.
BanzaiBob

Postby BanzaiBob » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:57 pm

Forgot one !!! You may want to get the cap of wisdom for extra xp when you can afford it - helps out nicely and is useful later on where every point counts.
BanzaiBob

Postby Gwynbleidd » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:25 pm

Joining the bankers guild is a good buy, i don't know what i would do without the 5 extra slots it :D
Gwynbleidd

Return to General Discussion