What You Have To Look Forward To - WOW

General discussions about the game.
Please use other forums below for questions.

What You Have To Look Forward To - WOW

Postby happythebob » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:03 am

I just entered Level 56 - I started with 85 Energy points - I went through all 85 points and finished with 1% Experience.
If you play a round a day, that translates to it taking "100 days" or "3.3 months" it's going to take to finish Level 56.
By the way - I'm using the same weapon I had in Level 50 from the first round - The weapon shops don't update with more powerful weapons.
Have fun - I think I'll check out Mafia Wars lol
happythebob

Re: What You Have To Look Forward To - WOW

Postby wolfy42 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:59 pm

Steven seems to be advancing pretty fast...at least 5% a day...which is only 20 days to 57 at that rate.

It's going to have to slow down eventually but hopefully new content will be added in the future.

Mafia wars is pretty bad at the end as well once your down to the last part of russia. I really enjoyed that game the most while doing New York because you gain real bonuses for finishing stuff. Sadly after the initial game it becomes alot more dull. I still play it though just because a new area is going to be released pretty soon.

I have the same hopes for DM....eventually something new may be added!!
wolfy42

Postby Jeanne » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:16 pm

Mafia Wars is a lot better in consumables needed than Zynga's other game, Vampire Wars. I stopped playing that game when it became clear that getting everything needed would take luck and way too much time to be worth it. Needed an item dropped from a quest that needs an item dropped from another quest just got too much for me.

I like Castle Age and it's worked on constantly so I recommend trying that out.

P.S. Dream World does need a bit of work, not just on new content but on the grammar and spelling which does grate on my nerves a bit. Does anyone know what is being planned?
Jeanne

Postby Coderdude » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:27 pm

Well PVP will help you out 10x at that level, you only have 1 pvp win, So I'm assuming your just killing monsters.
Coderdude

Postby wolfy42 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:49 pm

Even by lvl 55 pvp only helps out a tiny bit due to not having many targets and most of them costing more in dusts then it would take to get a similar amount of exp through monster fighting using mists.

At lvl 55 there are only 7 total players you can attack (at least that play anymore) and of those players 2-3 always are set up with dragon slayer/guardian bonus making it inefficient to attack them. In fact there are only 4 that are really worth attacking for a lvl 55 or 56 player right now...the rest are mostly a wash unless you catch them with their pants down (not equiped with a guardian sword so they can attack someone else).

When you factor in the 240 base energy per day alone the small amount of extra exp you could get from pvp kills at that point compared to just buying mists instead and fighting normal monsters more is tiny. You can probably eek out another 1% or so a day....but again Steve is the top player and gets 5% or so a day at lvl 56 without any pvp kills......PvP is great in the early 50's but by the time you hit 54 or so it starts to be less important (at least for now). That will of course change as more lower level players get into the 53 range making more targets for lvl 54's etc.

Mafia wars is still annoying like the last tier of cuba took forever because of the slow regen on the contracts (30 per day max...and you needed 8 per job completion with a 1% mastery gain a pop. I waited like 2 weeks to finally master cuba because of that and all I got was a dorky item that was worthless:(

It is alot of fun through new york though......but I'd also suggest castle age. I stopped playing it myself but most people really enjoy it. If I had started playing castle age before mafia wars I would probably still be playing it but it was one or the other...and I'm like level 630 on mafia wars so I'm sticking with that.

I don't know what is planned for DM but I do know the admin have been making changes very fast and are on top of things.....I think we need more high content pretty soon though because there are getting to be more and more players over 50. I'd really like to see a new area we can go to for higher level players that let you level up to 60 without having to rely so much on pvp. That and a change in how many LP you get post 50 or something else that lets you i mprove your character a bit more. It's kinda a letdown when you level up post 50...it takes a long time and then you get a whole 54 learning points but increasing any stats costs over 100 heh...in many cases even 2 levels will not give you anything!!
wolfy42

Postby wolfy42 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:56 pm

It looks like it takes 100 mill exp per % point (10 billion exp all together) from 55-56.

I don't know how much it costs for 56-57 so I can't figure out the energy to % ratio for that...but I can do so for 55.

Average exp per energy point through random battles using mists to get extra energy with the money you earn is 3 million per energy point.

If your just fighting random battles at 55 then every 80 energy would be worth 2.4% points. In theory pure random fighting should then get you about 7% a day (since you regen 240 energy a day..which is 3*80 or the 2.4% increase).

PvP can still help that drastically at this point even with only 5-6 good targets. 54 level characters are worth about 20mill, 55 are worth about 22.5 and 56 are worth 25 mill. Round that to about 23 million per pvp battle....which is a net worth of almost 12 million per energy point.

At 23 mill a pop it takes 4-5 pvp battles per % point...so if you grab 10-12 each day that will give you an extra % point in advancement towards 56.

So I'd say optimal advancement without the use of gems is about 8-9% a day. Using gems though you can boost that up to 10-11%.

Even if lvl 56-57 is double the cost (20 billion) you should still be able to pull out a 5% increase per day if you really work hard at it.

Steven seems to be holding to that fairly close.
wolfy42

Postby wolfy42 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:12 pm

In addition as more players level up the ability to pvp will increase (drastically in some cases)

If you can use all your energy for pvp (which is possible in the low 50s I did it) you net almost 3x the exp gotten from random encounters. In fact if you could get enough lvl 55-56 characters to attack you would net 12 million per energy point (24 mill/2) which is about 4x the average exp from random fighting.

Because of that DM will constantly make it easier for new players to get to the highest level in the game...and old players will need to keep playing as much as the new ones to stay ahead. The path from 54-56 for instance is way harder now then it will be when there are 30+ players in that range later on.

It may be a good (almost optimal) rate to get 5% per day at lvl 56 right now....but if there are plenty of pvp battles available you could make 20% a day....and if that happened just after say Steven got to level 57.......well what took Steven a month to accomplish playing constantly could be done by a new player in 1 week. What is worse at that point Steven might be making only 2.5% exp a day so a player who was way (3-4 levels) could suddenly be only 15-20% behind the top player...even with that player playing as much as possible.

In addition because of the way the game works if the new player saved his cash and gems until he got to the current top level (say 57 again) and was behind the leader by 20%...he could then use all the coins and gems he saved up before to pass him.

So in a way DM is a new players game....constantly making it likely for a new generation to surpass the old one. Of course that would require someone to plan ahead and know what they are doing...and as the levels get higher and higher even including the pvp advantage it will take a VERY long time for a new player to catch up and pass the current leaders.

That being said it's probably half as long for a new player to get from 1-55 now as it was a month ago. Since most of the time is spent on levels 52-54...and way mroe characters are available to attack in that range now.
wolfy42

Return to General Discussion