Do the pesky math problems drive you crazy?

General discussions about the game.
Please use other forums below for questions.

Re: Do the pesky math problems drive you crazy?

Postby catepillar682 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:45 am

admin wrote:That definition is way too loose. Algebra usually refers to variable substitution and polynomials problems. The farm question can be solved by Algebra, but can be solved without it as well.

lol. I just use a variation of the solver I made all the same. It is much faster and less prone to error.
catepillar682

Postby grof21 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:28 am

link not working :(
good job btw
grof21

Postby catepillar682 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:25 pm

The server that is hosting the site is down. Since I have no access to this server, I cannot tell you what is wrong or when it will be back up. Hopefully it will be soon, but I have heard as much as you have regarding the situation.
catepillar682

Postby ElectricMessiah » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:42 am

catepillar682 wrote:The server that is hosting the site is down. Since I have no access to this server, I cannot tell you what is wrong or when it will be back up. Hopefully it will be soon, but I have heard as much as you have regarding the situation.

Keep us posted when you do learn something.

Your hard work has made DW game far more fun and playable for many of us. :)

Kudos.
ElectricMessiah

Postby catepillar682 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:01 pm

I have added this to a new server, while keeping the old one.

So you can now access the site from http://dream-world.50webs.com/ as well as http://dream-world.hostse.com/

I am tired of having it down. Hopefully they are not both down at the same time... :cry:
catepillar682

Postby skorpio1973 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:15 am

im just curious as to why put all this work into this tho it has been very helpful in the past and is a great thing just to have it down all the time to were people cant use it?
skorpio1973

Postby catepillar682 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:42 pm

skorpio1973 wrote:im just curious as to why put all this work into this tho it has been very helpful in the past and is a great thing just to have it down all the time to were people cant use it?

Well it is not on my server, so the downtime is frustrating. I just put it on another server so hopefully downtime will be less of a hassle. But I originally made these scripts to help myself, then I made them web accessible, then prettier, then I informed others about them.
catepillar682

Postby sodtiwaz » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:26 pm

I just want to thank you for hosting these, not that the questions are all that complicated but the farm animals ones generally take me a few minutes to answer due to the conveluted way I do it on paper. the mastermind was another one that usually took me a while to think about.

Thanks for saving me some time :)
sodtiwaz

Postby catepillar682 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:37 pm

bump
catepillar682

Postby Cloud007 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:56 pm

Do you intend to have a Mastermind solver as well? I think it would be really nifty!

Considering its possible to guarantee a win in 5 moves in normal mastermind (6 colors), this one would be pretty easy to guarantee even if not using the best strategy (or so I imagine).

If you do wish to make one, here's a couple links to read up on

If your using PHP, I could help with the coding. Or if your using JS (which is what it looks like), I could help to a lesser degree.
Cloud007

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion