Dual Class

Questions and discussions related to classes and skills.

Dual Class

Postby Ecnav » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:56 pm

can you choose the dual class skill as well as a main class title skill and get the bonus for both or is it more useful to just focus on one area in the game?
Ecnav

Re: Dual Class

Postby Lawnbuddha » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:36 pm

you can only have one class at a time. You can alternate back and forth between classes as much as you want, but can only be a member of one (and get the benefits of only one) at a time.
Lawnbuddha

Postby nocebo » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:49 am

there are dual classes now

Champion
Sword Skill Level 30
Magic Skill Level 30
+15 Max Energy
+8% Block Rate
+8% Magic Damage

Warlord
Gun Skill Level 30
Magic Skill Level 30
+15 Max Energy
+8% Critical Rate
+8% Magic Damage

Conqueror
Sword Skill Level 30
Gun Skill Level 30
+15 Max Energy
+8% Block Rate
+8% Critical Rate
nocebo

Postby Lawnbuddha » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:59 pm

those "dual classes" have always existed, but they still only technically count as having one class (you can only select one of the classes from the class area of your character sheet...where the "dual classes" are listed as discreet single classes, technically).
Lawnbuddha

Postby Merlin » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:27 am

Lawnbuddha wrote:those "dual classes" have always existed, but they still only technically count as having one class (you can only select one of the classes from the class area of your character sheet...where the "dual classes" are listed as discreet single classes, technically).

so how do we unlock the dual class
Merlin

Postby Sid » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:58 am

Attain the skill rank of 30 in both of the classes for that dual class.

For example, to be a Champion, you'd have to get up to 30 skill level in both mage and swordsman and then it would unlock.
Sid

Postby Knowname » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:47 pm

When you do, do you get both the Mage and Knight skills at your command? No? I've not tried it but I don't believe you do :/. Since Dragon Slayers (lvl45 knights) can equip staves and wands without changing class unlocking the magic spells but taking away the knight's skill list, the SAME effect you'd have as a Champion yet you'd have 15% block as opposed to 8%. Perhaps you'd have 8% magic bonus too, but is this worth it? IMO no, especially with gimped skills. I just think you should have both skills available to make one a clear choice over the other. Most viable in pvp cuz vs the ninny computer the more well rounded character generally wins (well, in actuality it's just I always win cuz the computer is so weak) but vs a human opponent or more specifically a 'ramped up' computer AI the one with BETTER tools always wins. It's quality over quantity, futz around with atking allys all you like, the one with the healer ally will ALWAYS have the advantage. Right now I prefer having a 15% crit/ blocking boost and just use a staff (for shield/ greater heal) rather than switching classes I mean heck I can just buy an enchanted staff and be just about as well off, but IF I could have a Guardian weapon or a Scope WITH shield/ greater heal (and aim)! I might actually consider it :D.
Knowname

Return to Classes and Skills