After the Last Skill Is Acquired....?

Questions and discussions related to classes and skills.

After the Last Skill Is Acquired....?

Postby Pintox » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:49 am

So I'm a level 46 Mage, got the last skill (Inferno) last level, leveled again and realized I didn't know exactly where to put the points. I could put them into Magic again or boost my Intelligence.

So far as things like skill points and magic damage are concerned, what is my best option?
Pintox

Re: After the Last Skill Is Acquired....?

Postby diieter » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:44 pm

As you are mage, each time you increase your mage level, you earn "skill points" ^_^
This is the best way to have the most number of skill points =)

(sorry i'm french, if you did not understand/understood? ^^)
diieter

Postby wolfy42 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:12 am

After you get your last spell it's best to start boosting stats. Int will increase your damage the most by far....but dex should not be ignored either.

Int boosts your attack the most as a mage (when using spells at least) but dex boosts both your attack (think it's half as much as int) AND boosts your crit rate.

Int still wins since higher int = more skill points (don't bother boosting magic past what you need for inferno because of that...int is better all around at that point).

Int vs Dex is pretty hard to choose between so I would keep them about even, boosting int first over dex.

Also quickness is not that bad either. It has a big effect on who attacks first in combat (In PvP as well which is a big deal) and it boosts your defense (not a huge deal for pvp but nice for pvm). It's a much better stat to boost for a gunner since it boosts range damage as well...but it's still nice to have as a mage.

Constitution is GREAT as well....but if you played like me at all it will be too high for you to boost from leveling up. I increased my con at least once each level through the shop and the cost to increase it anymore is like 150 points (just not worth it....could get 3 int for 1 con). High con makes a huge difference though as I generally have twice the hp of the other players when I fight them. At the end there are very small differences for the most part between players offense and defense.....so having twice as many hp makes a big difference.

In each fight there are limited stats that actually make a difference. Quickness will help decide who goes first (huge advantage), max hp will only make a difference if there is a large difference between the two players (I have 5k and my opponent has 2300 hp.....then even if he's faster then me (a gunner) I'll still probably win if we do similar amounts of damage).

Regen from equipment does not make as much difference in PvP....but for mages you can't really boost damage that much (higher strength/dex might make a difference for gunners/fighters) a mage might want to switch to armor of quickness though to have more of a chance of hitting first (would make a bigger difference then regen in PvP).

The priestess makes a decent difference in both pvp and pvm especially if you have the 20% block chance charm and decent quickness. The High Priestess is much better since her greater heal is about 2x as good as the priestess's last heal (600+ health vs 250 or so).

If I was going to start over from scratch I might try boosting INT big time from the start getting it as high as possible early on before the cost becomes extreme. Doing so would only delay getting 40 in magic by 5 levels or so....and probably boost the damage of malestrom over inferno anyway (and eventually I would get inferno still).

It's funny the help says don't forget to boost your stats later on....but truthfully you don't need the higher skills for random fights in the early levels (after say magic 10 for the first damage bonus and a few hard hitting skills to use in a pinch (implosion + light heal is all you really need)). Holding off to leveling your magic any more till level 35 or so would probably net you another 25 int end game.....and you would still end up with the same magic eventually.

Oh well not going to restart and try it...and i'm happy enough with my character the way he is now.
wolfy42

Postby BanzaiBob » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:54 am

Cheers Wolfy - was wondering how to work my stats for the mage class. got sword to 45 and now working on magic for skill points and pvp (lvl 49 and only 14 wins)
Got plenty of Con so time to ramp up Int I think - just wish I could do it for real !!!!!
BanzaiBob

Postby wolfy42 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:38 am

Just don't boost int/quickness or dex till they naturally reach 32 from puzzles.I sadly made that mistake as I didn't realize there was a cap till later.

Congrats on getting sword to 45 that is great...do you have a good guardian weapon already? My int is still really low (only like 34 or something) because I have been working on getting my sword up for the 15% block bonus when I am not playing. I may give up though and just go with champion for defensive fighting and use the 400 skill points to boost my int a bunch instead. I think thats worth about 5 int points or close....argh it's a hard choice.

Before the bug was fixed the 15% block bonus was a no brainer...it made you almost invulnerable...but now it just makes it a bit more work for someone to take you down then just the 8% from champion.

I really wish I could figure out how much difference each int point makes. I think I may save up and boost int a few points and then directly test the damage to determine the % increase per point. If it's a 1% increase per point that is probably worth way more then 7% more block percentage only when not directly playing.
wolfy42

Postby -WZ- » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:45 am

I've got the same question for a Dragon Slayer, I've nearly raised my Sword skill to 40, however I'd prefer to avoid unlocking Dark Side of the Moon. Despite the cool name a-la-Ramirez, I doubt I'll use it, what with that SP cost, and I don't want to have that annoying side-scrolling bar in my skill tab due to the long skill name. Had that with Volcanic Eruption when I played a Mage, hated it. Anyway, here goes : after getting a skill of 40 to unlock the class, is boosting Strength more interesting damage-wise than boosting the Sword skill?
-WZ-

Postby wolfy42 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:16 am

I'm not absolutely sure how skill damage is calculated. At least in theory strength is supposed to just boost your melee attacks...and int is supposed to boost your skill attacks.

It seemed to me that boosting strength 19 points (from 13 to 32) increased my skill damage significantly. Unfortunately I am not in a position to test the difference boosting strength makes on your skill damage easily right now to verify that it is true.

I will mention that at least for magic skills the last one does significantly more damage then the next to last one...so it's worth the cost. Later on post 50 you can get dusts very cheap (like 2 million per dust or so...and you get that on average every 4 fights probably). Add in the high 700+ skill points you have per dust...and a cost of 45 a pop isn't so huge anymore. I'd say it's worth getting to 45 just for the last skill...although I agree the side scrolling thing is annoying.

Stat wise quickness helps out alot boosting damage (At least with melee attack and possibly with skill attacks) and defense. Wait till you have a natural 32 quickness (From solving puzzles) and then I would suggest boosting that some more:)

Int boosts max skill points and skill damage......and since whenever your actually fighting something that is any challenge at all you'll be using skills...int might be the best choice to boost even if strength does increase skill damage.

Con can be increased through the medic....so I'd skip boosting that with skill points all together.

Strength is CHEAP to boost to 32 (at least post 50) through the medic so don't waste any learning points on strength until you have it at 32 already. Also test to make SURE it boosts skill damage before increasing it past 32...because normal attack damage is pointless in the arena or vs the post game bosses.

One last thing, you might want to boost another weapon skill (magic for instance) since it will boost your max skill points much faster then boosting int especially early on. In addition you get the ability to use the class bonus and support skill from the other weapon type.

Sword is great for defense and staff for offense. Staff for instance can gain 20% extra damage from enchanted bonus...and 15% from class bonus...which is significant when fighting in the arena. Those fights are pretty much all about the offense you have. When other players attack you in the arena it seems like it's mostly about the defense (sadly). I run with my 20% enchanted star staff and grand wizard bonus but still lose to other players when I don't have control of my character.

I don't think there are any large mistakes you can really make though...everything seems to help at least somewhat. Other then not boosting strength/int/dex/quickness till they reach 32 through the healer or puzzles...and probably not using learning points on con.....anything you increase is going to help your character and be useful.
wolfy42

Postby -WZ- » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:13 am

Don't worry I have no intention of wasting learning points on stuff I can get through pills / surgeries. I will keep an eye out for the effect of Str on Skill damage & see what happens. Or Quickness too, as you say, as this also boosts def and is therefore perhaps an even better choice. I'll try without the last skill for now, may change my mind in the late game if I get whooped, we'll see. More likely I'll boost the Magic skill to 21 for Heal, and to have a few spells to use with an Enchanted staff.
-WZ-

Postby Rawrabot » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:00 pm

I have a similar question as the original poster; but I'm a gunner. I'm level 77, and Sword/Magic/Gun skills are all at level 90. Is there a point in increasing these or should I switch over to boosting my stats with LPs?

Thanks!
Rawrabot

Postby JohnRice » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:18 am

According to my point of view After the last skill which is more important thing that required experience
if you have skills but haven't experience so you are zero your skills are not valuable without experience
JohnRice

Next

Return to Classes and Skills