Skills

Questions and discussions related to classes and skills.

Skills

Postby rider » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:04 pm

Does any one know where to find a detailed skill list?
rider

Re: Skills

Postby diieter » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:45 pm

In the game =)
You have the type of each skill : attack / defense / Heal

=)
diieter

Postby rider » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:05 pm

okay.. so thats as detailed as it gets? I was wondering if there was anything more descriptive.
rider

Postby diieter » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:46 pm

In fact they aren't more infos on the skills ^^

E.G : You are fighting a fire elemental and you are a magician ...

Your Fire Attack (Flame Arrow) is more usefull that the Ice Skills (Sub-zero / Ice Needles) ...
The elements are not important, so look only the cost of mp

Same thing with the other skills ^^
diieter

Postby wolfy42 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:52 am

The way it seems to work is the higher the skill the higher the multiplier of base damage but the lower the skill point to damage efficiency as well.

Skills also do not seem to miss against monsters (they can be blocked by players though) which makes your 1 point skill very useful and efficient indeed.

For magicians this can lead to a simple strategy of using the lvl 1 flame skill (1 point) to drop a monsters health down low...then use a minor healing spell (6 points) to heal back up to full before finishing the monster off with another flame arrow.

All things being equal both other classes weapons should do more damage then the magician with the same lvl 1 skill (but they usually have less skill points unless they pump int a ton) but they do not have a healing spell. Having a healing ally and regeneration armor though can compensate greatly for this making all 3 characters only need to use skills on unique enemies (or other players)

Maelstrome for instance for the mage hits (for me) around 10k damage for the cost of 33 skill points. I just hit an enemy with it for 9875 damage for isntance.

Flame arrow on the other hand does about 2k damage I just hit an alien for 2755 with it (crit hit)
You critically hit alien familiar with Flame Arrow for 2755 damage points

The ratio of damage is far greater with flame arrow since even at 2k (no crits involved) you would do about 66k damage for the same amount of skill points as you use on malestrom (the enemy would of course get to hit you 33 times though heh...but with the priestess/regen item and block rate thats not as bad as it sounds).

Even when I fight gamblers/red girl etc I usually just use flame arrow and then if needed heal right before finishing them off. It saves a ton in skill points. It's nice to have a large skill point pool in case someone attacks you. I think the only time I have lost when attacked was when I was low on skill points.
wolfy42

Postby diieter » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:10 am

You have 2 options :

- You have many HP : You use some fire arrows
Advantages : You save many MP
Inconvenient : You kill the mob slowly (but you have many MP so it doesnt matter)

- You havent so many HP : You use greater skills to kill the monster faster
Inconvenient : You dont save many MP
Advantages : You kill the mob faster
diieter

Postby wolfy42 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:47 am

Or you have 500 + skill points but don't need to use them on monsters at all:)

As far as killing faster.....it's faster to kill them with spamming normal attacks then using skills (since you have to click twice at least for the skill etc.

With regen armor + high defense and priestess/high priestess you end up at full health spamming normal attacks on monsters anyway. I generally just use my skill points to 1 shot kill monsters or for pvp.
wolfy42

Postby diieter » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:17 am

I have 600 Skill points (level 45 of mage), so with the arrows it is easy XD, go in the arena if you have too many skill points and no very energy
diieter

Postby wolfy42 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:09 pm

With my con (55 base or so) and speed (just 26 but thats higher then many still) I find I can win quite a few arena fights with just flame arrow. I have the priestess and block amulet helping me out as well though. Most of the time I have 2x the other players max hp...a higher quickness (so I attack first) and I still have the ability to use a higher skill if need be.

3k hp or less characters go down in 4 flame arrows usually (unless they block). The advantage though is you don't lose as many skill points if they do block.

By the time I hit 50 I may be able to just fight in the arena all the time if I am careful:)
wolfy42

Postby diieter » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:39 pm

wolfy42 wrote:3k hp or less characters go down in 4 flame arrows usually (unless they block). The advantage though is you don't lose as many skill points if they do block.

= In an arena fight, you make 3 000 hp with only 4 flame arrowS????? oO
Unbelievable, how many int have you? 200?
diieter

Next

Return to Classes and Skills