Support?

Questions and discussions related to classes and skills.

Support?

Postby Aria » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:49 pm

My skills all list attack, heal etc but one of them lists support. Could someone please explain to me what this means?? Thx much.
Aria

Re: Support?

Postby admin » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:16 am

A support skill is a skill that does not do direct damage or heal you. Give it try or search the forum to see someone already posted about them.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Support?

Postby wolfy42 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:46 pm

If you read the how to play file (at the top right of the screen) it details each of the support skills and what they do.

I'll briefly summarize.

Block (gotten by boosting sword skill and wielding a sword) increases your chance to block attacks. Blocks work for all attacks including skill attacks in pvp. This bonus stacks with any other block chances you have directly...so if you have the 20% block store amulet, a +20% block weapon and used guard the bonus would boost your block chance from 40% to 55% for instance. I am not sure if there is currently any cap on block % but I do know it can get very high.

Shield (gotten by boosting magic and wielding a staff) reduces damage directly that you take. I am not sure if there is a cap on % reduction or how defense works when over 100 currently. In theory shield will drop a 100 point hit on average by another player to say 80 points (which you will probably regen each round if you have regen armor on). I have not seen shield every wear off...so it might be useful in long pvp fights.

Aim is in my opinion the least useful skill. I believe it auto makes you not miss with your attacks and improves your chance to crit. Thing is using a skill makes you auto not miss anyway (and you'll use skills in pvp most likely anyway). Since the cost of casting aim is 12 skill points (if it's the same as shield) then you could use 12 lvl 1 skills instead...automatically hitting (or at least not missing) each time....and doing more damage per hit then you would with a normal crit anyway (and you still have a good chance to crit as well!!). Since I can't think of any monsters that take more then 12 lvl 1 skills to kill (if you even need to use any) I don't really see the current use for aim.

Of the 3 skills I think guard is the most useful. I am not sure on how Shield interacts with defense or how it caps. Block % might cap as well (again not sure) but it's much harder to reach that cap especially if you go with a wizard cap for extra damage. It's possible to use guard (by wielding a sword) while being a wizard class for the 15% bonus damage from spells (even sword spells).

I don't know if it is the same for everyone but I never have a problem with my own hp when fighting in the arena...the only real consideration is my skill points. Normal attacks don't seem to get far. 1 skill point flame arrows can kill but it takes awhile especially if the enemy has a healing npc and regen armor. For most fights I use my 4 point skill (magic anvil) since this easily overcomes the enemies regen and healing....but is still fairly skill point efficient.
wolfy42

Return to Classes and Skills