isn't it imba?

Questions and discussions related to classes and skills.

isn't it imba?

Postby markk21 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:09 pm

the knight class is kinda imba, because they can increase their base str/damage by taking superoids in the healer shop. just a thought. :idea:
markk21

Re: isn't it imba?

Postby Lawnbuddha » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:54 am

it's true...would be nice if each basic class had a stat that could be purchased
Lawnbuddha

Postby admin » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:34 am

Maybe, we will have to think about this. We could add dex (which benefit the other two class) or just remove the str attribute. There are other considerations that comes in to balancing, such as whether it would throw the game in favor of other two class since they already have their benefits (guns has highest attack rating, magic skills adds most skill points)
admin
Site Admin

Postby ElectricMessiah » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:03 am

Hmm... I kind of like the idea of Con, Dex and Int potions. They would be good money sinks too.

What about adding a cap? Say something like a maximum of X # allowed per game/level.

ElectricMessiah

Postby Fenrir Wulfric » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:33 am

I don't think it's imba, I've been thinking over this for a while and really strength pots are fine because of a few things:

1) that means Swords get less money for HP drugs which means the other classes can get more HP
2) Int and quickness can be obtained through puzzles which are free :)
3) as was said earlier, they have other advantages such as higher damage / more skill points
Fenrir Wulfric

Postby Knowname » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:16 pm

I think when they roid the cost of their helmets should increase :P and the cost of loin-cloth should decrease. It should also limit their lifetime a bit.

Warriors are stupid.
Knowname

Postby mrhandsomeboy » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:19 pm

i do agree well u see knight class is a bit imba
why do i say that ? u see knight warrior has a special skill which is block rate
just imagine if u have the highest attack or high level skill like critical shot it will have a higher chance to be block
and u will receive damage instead lets say 15 % block rate for knight and 0% block rate for mage/ranger
out of 10 attacks they will be at least 3 being block while for u none (depends on luck)
so even though u have high life or high attack it doesnt do any good if ur attack is being blocked all the time
so eventually dragon slayer (the last class) will eventually b stronger den any class if he has weapon/armor, animal which provide block rate and heal feature
the chances of block rate increase ! and if doesnt get block she/he will be heal
does it makes sense now?
so i guess conqueror class is the only class to b in fit against dragon slayer
cuz u have either both critical and block which give enough chance against still take a long way to achieve that
mrhandsomeboy

Postby Tukarama » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:50 pm

Int, Dex, and Quickness all drop in chests randomly. Strength and Constitution do not drop.

So if they add potions for Int, Dex, and Quickness then Strength and Constitution should get added to the drops. Just to keep it all even.
Tukarama

Postby Knowname » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:12 pm

I've not seen a quickness pill have you?? Tons of Dex and IQ... Maybe quickness is rare.

But the thing I don't like about blocks is it blocks 100% of the attack, even special attacks. ie Mages are nerfed cuz their bonus does not affect their normal attacks, Rangers are nerfed because their bonus doesn't come up but half the time not all the time like mages?? Yes knights are nerfed in the same way, but the key is in the effectiveness of the attack itself! A block is always 100% successful, be it vs a 1500 point (crit) maelstrom or a 10 point noob's punch it's always 100%. a crit, however, is only effective if it is not blocked, and if it is blocked it is 0% effective. Mages have the same issue (but with no % hurdle to overcome in the first place, especially in arena where all the comp ever does is magic spells).

SO with this Knights are slightly nerfed as in they don't block 100% more than mage/ rangers (PLUS there is the blocking charm :D I love blocking with my 'charm', don't EVER change that wording ^_^... ofc there's nothing stopping a knight from buying this charm as well...), mages are slightly nerfed when adventuring with a human ai. But RANGERS!!! Ho MY GOD! They are SOOOOOOO NERFED!!!

Lol ok I'm just over reacting a little, but I believe 1) crits and special skills should have an affect on blocks AND this should be a % affect based on the effectiveness of said spell (IE critical aim has a low %, living anatomy has a high % and so on). Crits should not be blockable ie if you attack with a crit your atk gets blocked but not the crit. 2) This would leave the gun class STILL nerfed since Mage and Knights can also crit, much like how Rangers and Mages can still block. I think both Ranger and Knight bonuses need to be adjusted to uber status so you actually feel you gain an advantage by having a Ranger class! If you follow my post I did a little experiment a little while ago equipping a low lvl staff on my ranger and using a basic spell compaired to a basic ranger skill. I felt no need to switch classes cuz the difference isn't even large enough to bother with. perhaps mages should be boosted as well... but not quite as much as Rangers and Knights, like 3x for Rangers and Knights, 2x for Mages. This will make the classes SPECIALTYS actually feel SPECIAL. BUT this will also make you pretty damned overpowered. So the computer would also need to step it up a notch if this is the case.
Knowname

Return to Classes and Skills