Not so wise man

Questions and discussions related to various towns,
dungeons, quests, monsters, and special encounters.

Not so wise man

Postby cuma » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:30 am

this so-called wise man isn't so wise. some of the questions he askes are pretty stupid. he asked me what the capital of bolivia was, but theres two, a constitutional and a govermental, he didn't ask which was the one he wanted. he asked what was the only man made structure to be seen from space. no its not the great wall of china like he said it was, space starts pretty low down, you can see freeways and ships from 'space'. you can't see the great wall of china from, say the moon. other times if you answer a question with a 'the' in your answer he says its wrong, and other times if you leave out the 'the' you get it wrong. there was one about polyphonics and the answer was just another term for it and not what its used in which was the question. theres been plenty of other times when i've known the answers and he's just said it was wrong. its getting pretty annoying, i'd just kill him and be done with it but i enjoy answering the questions most of the time, when they've got the correct answers written in that is.
cuma

Re: Not so wise man

Postby dannydeadboy » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:01 am

Tell me about I have come across errors as well such as Luxembourg currency being the Franc but they move over the single currency years ago and they now use the Euro.

I think when we find and error we should post it on the tread.
dannydeadboy

Postby cuma » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:25 am

agreed.
cuma

Postby dannydeadboy » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:50 am

I might be wrong cause I can't remember the question 100% but I am sure it was :-

Who's debut album was freak out?

the right answer :- "The Mothers of Invention"

the wise mans answer :- Frank Zapper (who was the frontman) I dont know about you but when asked whos an album is i usally go with the band name not the name of the frontman/ member
dannydeadboy

Postby Jonny Reed » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:15 am

yea i agree....defo not so wise..

ive been done out a few times by him :(
Jonny Reed

Postby Knowname » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:34 pm

I just talk to him with no penalty, for now. that way you get something like 95% of the xp for a correct trivia answer and a bit of coin to boot :D. Unless you just like trivia questions (right and wrong) of coarse.
Knowname

Postby ElectricMessiah » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:51 pm

Knowname wrote:Unless you just like trivia questions (right and wrong) of coarse.

LOL. Pun unintended, I'm sure...

I fully agree, the trivia portion of the game, as it stands, is a bit coarse. LOL
ElectricMessiah

Postby admin » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:26 pm

Please post all bugs related to wiseman's trivia questions to the sticky thread in the Bug's forum.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Exploring and Quests