How do you defeat the Guardian of Dreams?

Questions and discussions related to various towns,
dungeons, quests, monsters, and special encounters.

How do you defeat the Guardian of Dreams?

Postby Josef Griffiths » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:40 pm

How do you defeat the Guardian of Dreams when she prompts you to Fight?

I am in the Forest (location 5)
Josef Griffiths

Re: How do you defeat the Guardian of Dreams?

Postby Sd1226 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:45 pm

Use some good skills and hope she doesn't blast you with Guardian Force. :D
Sd1226

Postby Josef Griffiths » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:00 pm

LOLOL Thanx for the reply!

I finally defeated her with using my ANVIL Skill *TWICE*

You received 1712 coins!
You received 6438 experience!

The Guardian smiles and gives you enchanted scale of power +1!

The Guardian of Dreams healed your wounds for free.

WOOT!!!
Josef Griffiths

Postby KGGoldsmith » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:09 pm

yeah you better hope you blast her good on the first attack..
KGGoldsmith

Postby Tukarama » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:44 pm

She used to kill almost every time when I started. As I have leveled up she has gotten harder too... but she is not keeping pace with me very well. I easily beat her every time now. My healer barely has to heal me even.

I will use a Rain Dance, Whirlwind, maybe a Return Blade, that's about it now. She was very tough earlier though. (of course all the Superoids and Uberdetox I bought may have helped too)
Tukarama

Postby ryynanen48 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:48 am

I hit her with the highest spell I have, which is implosion. Magic anvil is good too. Wear good armour and I use elm staff to zap her.
ryynanen48

Postby Pintox » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:36 am

At lower levels, she would always one-hit me until I started pumping all my extra coins into Uberdetox. Now I can stand two or three blows which should be enough to take her with my highest level spells.
Pintox

Postby mld1979 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:37 pm

I use a shield spell initially, then hit her with implosion
mld1979

Postby goldenarms » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:36 am

It's usually "select the strongest spell in my list, use it, and pray she doesn't counter with a named attack."

At least she doesn't laugh at you if you lose to her. Which I found utterly disturbing with the Dogs.
goldenarms

Postby wolfy42 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:49 pm

It's a good idea to get a weapon skill (sword/staff/gun) up to 20 early on both for the class bonus and because it gives a higher skill you can use for guardian fights. It will probably be the only time you actually use the higher skill at least till way later.....but it's very useful early on when you need it to defeat the guardian.

If I remember right at one point I was using Maelstrom and then volcanic eruption to make sure I killed her!!

After awhile though your defense makes her easy to defeat. For awhile I went back down to using Anvil and then eventually I just started to use my lvl 1 skill (flame arrow) like I do on all purple enemies etc.

I think a high defense and decent block % (having the protection item helps alot) makes a huge difference.

Remember the guardian heals you for free so you don't need to have max health at the end to get alot of money....you just need to still be alive!!

Also I wouldn't waste a round casting shield...as it will not usually compensate for the extra damage the guardian will do to you that round...and you really don't want to be fighting her for a long time. Just plop down your hardest skill the first round (for awhile that was one shotting her) and then if she is still alive hit her with something hard enough to take her out for sure (don't play around....I did one and she killed me because I used a lower skill then I should have....last time I did that!!).
wolfy42

Return to Exploring and Quests