Gate rewards

Gate rewards

Postby ayerik » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:59 pm

My guildmates and I opened an ice gate with an orb and on defeating it opened a fire game with another orb. I never got the reward for the ice gate, though we just finished off the fire orb gate and have that one now.

Is there a way of getting that reward still? Admittedly, I generally sell them, but use the proceeds to increase the strength of my character and guild.

Thanks!
ayerik

Re: Gate rewards

Postby admin » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:28 am

If you opened the ice gold or completed a fight before your guildmate killed the boss (thus recording that you had made damage), then you should have received a link for the gate.
admin
Site Admin

Postby ayerik » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:03 am

I opened both gates, and dealt most of the damage for both. I did not receive a link for the first gate.

I think the bug may have been that I was active, though not fighting in the gate when he was killed. I went back to the demon gates and opened the next gate, possibly invalidating the link from the first gate.
ayerik

Postby Kwitzy » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:35 pm

the link should be on your DW Home , you may need to scroll down a bit.
Kwitzy

Postby ayerik » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:02 pm

There is no link. At all. Anywhere.

I've completed a dozen or so of these gates.

There is no link.

I never had access to a link.
ayerik

Postby xbelladonnax » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:11 am

On your homepage upon logging into the game, it should say The Fire Gate has been defeated! click here to receive your reward! Same for any other uncollected boss, for up to seven consecutive days.
xBellaDonnax in game.
xbelladonnax

Postby ayerik » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:19 pm

I agree. It should. And that's why I posted a bug report -- it never did. Normally it does, and I think I described pretty well why I think it didn't happen.

It's a little frustrated repeating over and over that I *never had a claim reward link* for this gate. Every gate before, every gate since. But not this one, and I think it was because I used a key to open a second gate before I claimed the reward on this gate, and being online at the time may have been contributed to the glitch.

As an experienced programmer, I would be looking at the code to be sure that the rewards for a gate aren't invalidated by opening another gate before claiming the rewards.

To clarify and leave absolutely no question -- I personally just opened my 10th gate tonight. I have helped with dozens of other gates within my guild. Every gate but the one mentioned in this bug report had a link to claim the reward. There was no link in the portal area map. There is and never was a link on the home page. I am in both places a dozen times a day.

The error is not a user error. It is a glitch in the game.

This is getting very frustrated being told where to find the links as if I am a complete novice. I have probably been mudding longer than many of you have been alive. And this is just a graphical point and click mud accessed through facebook. So enough with the attitude of the error must be a user error. :roll: :x
ayerik

Postby Kwitzy » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:06 pm

We were just trying to help. And now I don't want to help after reading your response.
They will always start with the most likely solution, that you can't find it or that you accidentally deleted it.
I suggest you get over it and level up because stuff happens and gates are little low level stuff.
If you really want them to check into it, you should give them your info.
PM the Admin and use the contact link right of the app to report the bug.
All apps have a contact link that looks like this:
Dream World · Report/Contact this App
English (US) · Privacy · Terms · Cookies ·More
Kwitzy

Postby xbelladonnax » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:32 pm

ayerik wrote:This is getting very frustrated being told where to find the links as if I am a complete novice. I have probably been mudding longer than many of you have been alive. And this is just a graphical point and click mud accessed through facebook. So enough with the attitude of the error must be a user error. :roll: :x

To quote the tail end of your little rant, Most of the people here who are responding to your "bug" report have already gone through what you've gone through. We are just trying to help. Getting angry and throwing a tantrum because we're pretty much all saying the same thing won't get you anywhere. Your best bet is to find admin on here, send them a message, along with your information, and wait for a reply. Otherwise you're gonna get our "same old tired responses"
Hang in there kid, you'll eventually either

A) figure it out yourself
B) lose interest in figuring it out

or
C) Admin will tell you exactly what we told you and you'll rip all of your hair out
Take care.
xBellaDonnax in game.
xbelladonnax

Postby Maria » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:01 am

Lol, ditto what Bella said. And as for you implying that you are a more experienced player than these people who are trying so hard to help you - some of us have been playing since the game was born, around 3 years ago.

The advice you have been given is correct - and it is very easy to contact the developers if you would like them to tell you exactly the same thing.

Best of luck, and calm down - it's only a game ;)
Tracey
Titans

Maria

Next

Return to Report Bugs