normal drow 9 or guardian drow 9

Questions and discussions related to armors,
weapons, items, and allies.

normal drow 9 or guardian drow 9

Postby awolkiller6554 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:02 pm

my question is which one is better??? a guardian drow sword 9 or a drow sword of power 9........guardian has the 20% block and 63 strength and normal has 70 strength
awolkiller6554

Re: normal drow 9 or guardian drow 9

Postby debann » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:02 pm

from everything that i've heard and read, the guardian sword is better
debann

Postby awolkiller6554 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:07 pm

what i meant is....does the extra 7 strength beat the 20% block rate??
awolkiller6554

Postby Maria » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:26 pm

guardian swords are always best. Just take a look at all the top players and see what they use. Guardian's swords, Enchanted Staffs and Scoped guns are the best types of each class

Game guide dreamworldinfoshare.webs.com
Tracey
Titans

Maria

Postby Kwitzy » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:45 pm

No one can really tell you what equipment you should use because it's your dream and it really depends on what you're fighting. If you already have a high block rate then maybe you would like a little more attack. But if I were using a sword, I'd want a Guardian sword. If I were using a staff, I'd want an Enchanted one. And you can't really go by the people on the leaderboard. Like I only see Scoped bows and guns, but I like a Speed bow because it gives me more defense and I already have a high enough attack for everything I fight. There's no way I can compete against people who have spent more money on their character than I spent on food for the year, so it really doesn't matter if I could have a little more attack.
Kwitzy

Postby e rock » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:59 pm

Kwitzy wrote:No one can really tell you what equipment you should use because it's your dream and it really depends on what you're fighting. If you already have a high block rate then maybe you would like a little more attack. But if I were using a sword, I'd want a Guardian sword. If I were using a staff, I'd want an Enchanted one. And you can't really go by the people on the leaderboard. Like I only see Scoped bows and guns, but I like a Speed bow because it gives me more defense and I already have a high enough attack for everything I fight. There's no way I can compete against people who have spent more money on their character than I spent on food for the year, so it really doesn't matter if I could have a little more attack.

While I understand what you're saying, you're missing the big picture. The whole point of being a sword user is the ridiculous block percentage. Seven strength points is nothing compared to 20% block increase. You can always keep finding strength pills; you can't add block (assuming strength is over 270 already) with anything you find, so intentionally giving up 20% is just silly.

A speed +9 bow is inferior to a scoped +9 bow. All day every day. You're missing out on a substantial damage increase from an added 40% crit rate, all in the name of adding a few points of defense. You'd need an awful lot of defense to offset that kind of damage benefit. The whole point of being a gunner is the ridiculous crit rate. "It works fine for the stuff I fight" is lame reasoning. A 1984 Camry may be fine for commuting, but I wouldn't ever recommend it to someone asking for the best car to build into a competitive race car.
chaos /ˈkāäs/

Noun:
1. Complete disorder and confusion.
2. Behavior so unpredictable as to appear random, owing to great sensitivity to small changes in conditions.
e rock

Postby Kwitzy » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:39 am

Oh, okay then... my point was I can't compete against someone's credit card so I can use whatever weapon I like as long as I can solo fortresses and get my badges. The plus 70 quickness on my bow does add attack and with 132324 attack and 865 defense, I'm not having any problems.
I agree that guardian swords and enchanted staffs are best, but I always stress that it is a role playing game and that people should use equipment that suits them even if it's not what I think they should use. Especially if they are just casual gamers that will never have the kind of character needed to affect when Poseidon falls, when the Build Phase begins, etc.
Kwitzy

Return to Equipment and Items