Last Warning to Scripters

Discussion specific to Facebook Server (eg. Guild Recruitments)

Last Warning to Scripters

Postby admin » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:32 pm

I recently received reports that some top level players have been using scripts to advance their characters at faster speed. I want to make sure it's clear that regardless of your level or investment in the game, if we catch you scripting, your account will be banned. For those who also play on Kongregate, you probably know that recently several level 99 and level 100 players have been banned for scripting - and I do not want to see this happen for Facebook version as well - so if you are running scripts or any automated add-ons, make sure you stop immediately or risking permanent access to your account if discovered by our db admin.

Forum Admin
admin
Site Admin

Re: Last Warning to Scripters

Postby Miroku » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:47 pm

There have been many warnings in the past about scripting already. If people have been caught why not just ban them now? People who have used scripts have been warned enough. And if you aren't banning them I feel that we should see a serious reset of their characters.
Miroku

Postby Mutt » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:26 pm

REALLY??? I thought for sure that scripting has stopped...all the sniffers active for detection...for someone that has gone with soooo much with this game with my darker past this really really really pisses me off...I lost half my stats and all my gems....granted my last banning had nothing to do with scripting, but the very first time I was banned it was for the skill bar script that allowed me to hit 100% every time I selected a skill...all old players know this...that being said....use my example people...I paid hard for past infractions all because I tried a script once....I hear scripts will do more than that but whats the point in playing if you are not actually doing it...anyhow...I hope your reports are backed by facts rather than jealous and assumptive players...but this bs has to stop...
ImageImage
Its great being me,
Tell them Dreamworld is free!
ʇʇnW
Aka
Rydia
Mutt

Postby Solomon Grundy » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:34 am

Ban each and every one of them. Purify the game of every scripting maggot you can find. No second chances, no forgiveness, zero tolerance. Burn them all.
Solomon Grundy

Postby Blood » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:46 am

your kidding right Mutt? Your a joke. Own it
Guild: ECF
Blood

Postby Pasquale » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:46 am

Solomons got a point, a good ol fashioned witch hunt is what we're in need of..

I propose we set every dreamworlder on fire, if they don't die then they are scripters
treasureguy
AoD
Pasquale

Postby Mutt » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:59 am

So the serpent rears its ugly head....so here we have a jealous assumptive player that complicate their life with speculation because they are not team player and cause problems with their fellow guildmates ultimately being asked to change their ways or find a new home...and rather than doing what a normal teammate does..they cant admit fault, remain greedy, sad, and finally will end up alone without loved ones wondering what happened to their lives.....Aana...I dont enjoy being slammed by someone I have put so much time into growing as a player....you really seem to be holding on to that glint of being the highest stat player in AoD 3 years ago...you strutted your stuff one time then abandoned us...no fault but your own that you are were you are because you cannot seem to listen....good luck with all your endevers...and I will politely ask you not to slander anyone any more...move on, be an adult like the rest of your former guild is or be destined to fail in all are and do...peace...

PS: I would change your name to regret because anyone that adds you will regret it
ImageImage
Its great being me,
Tell them Dreamworld is free!
ʇʇnW
Aka
Rydia
Mutt

Postby DrPhil » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:35 pm

My solution is this - give all players free unlimited play. I doubt the game generates income and the devs can't just pull the plug so why not encourage as many to play for as long as possible. Everyone knows im a mischievous swine but this is a sincere proposal - make Dreamworld a loss leader so you can at least expose your development house to as wide an audience as possible. This elegant solution also removes the need for scripting. Hopefully it will also mean we don't have an embarrassing repeat of scrabbling about trying to get 600 likes on a DW post.
*SexFace* The hairiest and most lovely thing on the internet!

DrPhil

Postby Solomon Grundy » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:45 pm

A simple suggestion to end this sort of scripting behavior. Constantly monitor the top 200 players, ranking wise, and don't focus your efforts on anyone else until they breach the top 200. I am a member of that 200, and have zero problem subjecting my playing activity to additional scrutiny. I am sure your detection methods can figure out what is being done by whom once you limit the scope of your investigation to the top 200. Anyone scripting eventually lands in this category eventually, and their efforts will all be for naught. No warnings, no second chance, nuke them from orbit.
Solomon Grundy

Postby WarBound » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:15 am

Can you also do something about the jackasses who cannot get up on time and get double XP started?
WarBound

Next

Return to Facebook Server