Arena

Arena

Postby Talon Lake » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:03 pm

Are any of the players aware of how it works (or if an admin could say...).
I just fight the lowest row as which usually contains 1 or 2 pet people I one shot their pets.. but if I attempt silver, Its usually 5 pets level 150ish having multiple dragons.. I've attempted the top before and found it pulls about the same strength as silver..
Dreamworld
Name - Talon | Guild - Member of DB2

Time World
Facebook| Name - Talon | Galaxy 9
Talon Lake

Re: Arena

Postby admin » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:18 am

The golden chest pull opponents with pvp score from 5% to 15% above your score, the silver chest bracket pulls 5% below to 5% above, and bronze pulls 15% below to 5% below your score. However, it cannot find enough opponents to generate a minimum random list, it may pick opponents with score outside of this range.

In addition to PvP ranking score, there is is also a hidden pet strength filter that makes sure the opponent picked isn't way too powerful/weak for the selected bracket (the pet strength score is basically the sum of all your pet stats). However, this strength filter was bugged (pulling opponents too strong) and we just fixed it on the server. We also reduced the minimum random list as well so the opponents pick should be even more in the score range in addition to being more reasonably matched in pet strength.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Talon Lake » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:58 am

Cool, Thanks.
Dreamworld

Time World
Talon Lake

Postby Talon Lake » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:37 am

Any chance the arena could be changed to be a bit like timeworlds, big range of slots behind top 5 (like 6-25) get a low prize (Like.. 2 gems or iron ores.. stones.. etc..)
Dreamworld

Time World
Talon Lake

Postby armageddon » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:48 am

The current mechanism for pulling opponents doesn't make sense to me. EVERY TIME when I refresh the opponents, the first 3 I run into on the silver/golden chest rows are infernal, michael, and valzain, regardless of my score or their scores.

Instead of using score based approach, can you do ranked based? For example, the golden chest pull opponents with pvp rank from 6 to 15 above the player's rank, UNIFORMLY AT RANDOM. Similarly, silver pulls rank from -5 to +5 the player's rank, and bronze, -15 to -6. Again this is just a general example, the rank range in each tier can change, and more details can be figure out in special cases, like player ranks higher than 15.

Finally, IMO, there is ABSOLUTELY NO NEED for the "strength filter", as the 7-day cycle is more than sufficient for the ranks/scores of players to emerge to reflect their true strength level.
armageddon

Postby Talon Lake » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:13 am

The strength cycle is nice for the lower people.. or non donators... like me, to have a chance. I can steadily beat people but I haven't donated nor gotten the rigged fire dragon to be able to dominate anybody yet =P
Dreamworld

Time World
Talon Lake

Postby Infernal » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:59 pm

It's propably fine for those who are either quite weak or strong enough to win against everyone but especially bad for those who are strong but have their problems with some enemies.
We can see that this system is not working by this weeks scores which are far away from the races we had the last few weeks.
Infernal

Postby armageddon » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:37 pm

You are right, infernal...sadly you are one of my problems XD. The last few weeks' race will not be possible again unless PM revoke the pointless update of deducting arena action point upon choosing opponent, instead of upon starting a fight.

Infernal wrote:It's propably fine for those who are either quite weak or strong enough to win against everyone but especially bad for those who are strong but have their problems with some enemies.
We can see that this system is not working by this weeks scores which are far away from the races we had the last few weeks.

I understand your argument Talon. But as I said, there's no way this system is working right when someone always draw the 3 strongest players of the whole game upon EVERY refresh.

Talon Lake wrote:The strength cycle is nice for the lower people.. or non donators... like me, to have a chance. I can steadily beat people but I haven't donated nor gotten the rigged fire dragon to be able to dominate anybody yet =P
armageddon

Postby Talon Lake » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:21 pm

Armageddon, in the gold area, it pulls 5-15% above you. If only those 3 are above you.. you will always be pulling them ;)
Dreamworld

Time World
Talon Lake

Postby armageddon » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:36 am

Talon Lake wrote:Armageddon, in the gold area, it pulls 5-15% above you. If only those 3 are above you.. you will always be pulling them ;)

Talon, it's not just the gold area, but the silver area as well. As I've said, those 3 are the first 3 I draw regardless of my score and their scores. So I'm pretty sure it's the strength filter doing its work.
armageddon

Next

Return to Dragon Tear Discussion