Problem loading/general slowness

Discussion specific to Facebook Server (eg. Guild Recruitments)

Problem loading/general slowness

Postby Kalon » Mon May 06, 2013 12:24 pm

Over the last few days, whenever I load DW, it takes a LONG time and seems to bring my computer to a halt. I've also noticed more time outs and other problems than ever before. It's been on four computers on three different networks (home network--PC/laptop, parent's house PC, work PC), and it's happened on all four. At times, it feels simply unplayable. And I talked to other guildmates and they are also having this issue. What is going on?
Kalon

Re: Problem loading/general slowness

Postby admin » Mon May 06, 2013 1:25 pm

I just noticed similar slow down when entering the game using Firefox, and it seems to be when we are making calls to Facebook javascript API (eg, fetching your like/bookmark status, friends pictures, etc). Not sure if there is anything we can do other than just disabling all page interaction with Facebook if it gets too much in the way. Have you tried other browsers? sometimes Facebook bugs and performance issues only happens on certain browsers...
admin
Site Admin

Postby Kalon » Mon May 06, 2013 2:21 pm

Unfortunately, where I'm currently logged in at I can only play via Firefox. I'll try other browsers later and I'll let you know if other browsers are having difficulties. I'll also check on Time World as well.
Kalon

Postby Mutt » Mon May 06, 2013 4:45 pm

This is the same on chrome as well. I actually thought it was indicative to game play but once the loadable items finish...the game plays normal with minimal lag, except when you click leaderboards on bosses like mystics and invasion. Other than that, not enough bother to bug me if its not effecting actual play in terms of movement and actions.
ImageImage
Its great being me,
Tell them Dreamworld is free!
ʇʇnW
Aka
Rydia
Mutt

Postby CCBiggs » Tue May 07, 2013 8:45 am

I've had problems lately too. Only one small *sweet spot* to send dream stones. Can't access the players fb name.
CCBiggs

Postby ianwuolle » Wed May 08, 2013 4:25 pm

i cant even load dw on chrome or firefox. if i didnt have safari i wouldnt even play. also cant open fb chat when i have dw up so real hampers ganme play. no updates since last friday when this started on any of the browsers. wondering if devs new anti-bot scripts are interfering.

(12 minutes later and chat window works on dw in safari. still cant load dw on firefox or chrome. using windows 7 ultimate if it matters)
ianwuolle

Postby admin » Thu May 09, 2013 10:01 am

We made couple optimizations on how we are using Facebook client APIs and stopped the random friend invite rotation (for players who has less than 9 party members) which heavily utilized FB's client APIs. If you refresh your page, things should work much nicer.
admin
Site Admin

Postby WarBound » Thu May 09, 2013 10:20 am

Happens in every browser and is currently unplayable. It worked for me, however, yesterday and the day before with no hitches.
WarBound

Postby Kalon » Fri May 10, 2013 9:40 am

It's at an all-time bad. It's fine if I get past the home page. But collecting bosses on the home page? Crashed my browser innumerable times, and with just DW open, Firefox has been eating 3 GIGABYTES of my RAM trying to collect boss kills on the home page. Can we make a quick work around that whatever is on the home page...just cancel it? It's almost unplayable.
Kalon

Postby admin » Fri May 10, 2013 2:06 pm

This issue has already been notified to FB, so hopefully they will fix it soon. We already make couple adjustments that should greatly alleviate the impact of this FB bug. The home screen used to ramp the one of our laptop's CPU to 100% and now it's goes briefly to about 50% only then falls down. The memory leak on home screen for those who collects many gate links can only be helped by closing the browser occasionally (or use Safari which seems to be less impacted).

If it doesn't get any better or gets worse by next week, we will consider removing/disabling elements that require FB's client API and replacing people's pictures with our class symbol images. Though there are so many places that depends on Facebook's client API we are not sure how difficult it would be to completely remove the dependencies.
admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Facebook Server