DW + FB chat no longer possible

DW + FB chat no longer possible

Postby JulianFletcher » Wed May 08, 2013 3:27 am

Something has changed (FB or DW) and I can no longer get a guild page chat window (message "opened as chat") to stay open. This is a pretty serious issue for a guild based game on a social media platform. Others have flushed cache and restarted browser to get things working again. I tried that along with re-boots, changing to a different PC, different browsers, etc. but as soon as I open DW the chat windows close and never return.
The only way i found to get chat and DW to stay up is to open them in separate browsers - switching between browsers to play and chat is NOT much fun.

It is most likely that this is an FB issue as I can no longer open the message from the FB messages icon - i can see it and click on it, but it does nothing (not even from my timeline).

Please help rescue me from exile.
JulianFletcher

Re: DW + FB chat no longer possible

Postby JulianFletcher » Wed May 08, 2013 4:25 am

Update: not only DW affected. Other apps too. Chat now seems to return when i go back to timeline view, so maybe they are already addressing this. Please do contact them about this though - for a guild based game, it's essential.

Are there any moves to finish the DW chat module so that we are not reliant on FB chat?
JulianFletcher

Postby admin » Wed May 08, 2013 11:04 am

Not sure what do you mean, but the in-game chat has been "finished" for couple years already (it's below your game window and you might have click "show live chat" link if it's hidden). The in-game chat has both a general and a guild chat window.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Talon Lake » Thu May 09, 2013 1:36 am

DW chat has a window just for your guild, and this is no doubt facebooks problem.
Dreamworld
Name - Talon | Guild - Member of DB2

Time World
Facebook| Name - Talon | Galaxy 9
Talon Lake

Postby Mutt » Thu May 09, 2013 9:45 am

It seems facebook has added something that has near crippled dreamworld in loading across any browser. As a temporary fix, removing a few features that require facebook to get the game past the loading the screen may help, like facebook pictures, leaderboards tied to facebook, and ever sending crystals...where all that would not be pleasant to not lose temporary or not, could help the performance issues we are experiencing as mentioned.
ImageImage
Its great being me,
Tell them Dreamworld is free!
ʇʇnW
Aka
Rydia
Mutt

Postby admin » Thu May 09, 2013 10:03 am

Mutt wrote:It seems facebook has added something that has near crippled dreamworld in loading across any browser. As a temporary fix, removing a few features that require facebook to get the game past the loading the screen may help, like facebook pictures, leaderboards tied to facebook, and ever sending crystals...where all that would not be pleasant to not lose temporary or not, could help the performance issues we are experiencing as mentioned.

Might be related to this thread: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=10904
admin
Site Admin

Postby Talon Lake » Fri May 10, 2013 4:01 am

I have discovered that facebook itself cuts out whatever app you are using when your chat box is opened, if you click the top to "minimize" it, the game will be re-activated.
Dreamworld
Name - Talon | Guild - Member of DB2

Time World
Facebook| Name - Talon | Galaxy 9
Talon Lake

Return to Report Bugs