Reinforcements

Reinforcements

Postby EternalPhoenix » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:07 pm

hello,

I think the Reinforment isnt working.

Whenever you get a reinforcement its nowhere shown and the reinforcement troops also wont help in case of an attack

could you guys look into that?
EternalPhoenix

Re: Reinforcements

Postby admin » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:27 am

Reinforcement now only works for Story mode (PvE). It used to be enabled for player vs player as well when the game was initially created, but we disabled it because players (on other servers) where complaining that reinforcement in PvP was adding too much unfairness.
admin
Site Admin

Postby EternalPhoenix » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:45 pm

this is a case for the mimimimi-folder then.

seriously, whats the sence in reinforcements when you cant even help protect your galaxy-members? PvE isnt that hard that you need to be badly reinforced.

But galaxy members keep getting attacked over and over and i cant do anything but to watch them complain -_- this bugs me alot
EternalPhoenix

Postby admin » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:33 pm

Each reinforcement fleet power is capped at 20% army strength of the receiver for obvious balance reasons (by automatically sending less ships if exceeded) . But this meant when PvP reinforcement was active, it benefited the attacker more as they get more reinforcement power, and getting reinforcements much more often as they control when the battle happens.

Once you get to the expansion chapters (10-14), you will realize that PvE reinforcements are rather crucial and often required.
admin
Site Admin

Postby EternalPhoenix » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:02 pm

which has absolutly nothing to do with being absolutly unable to protect galaxy members.

on AG server is a galxy that basicly farms other galaxy players to make them quit. We higher ups can merely stand there, watch how they complain and quiting the game.

if thats how it should work, then AG server can close its doors soon enough
EternalPhoenix

Postby Talon Lake » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:06 pm

Your reinforcements would not stop our farming anyways, You don't realize that war is very crucial to pvp, and the top 15 for war are in our galaxy.

However, You should explain to your members that losing a defensive battle only gives you a tiny resource loss (about 400 creds, ore, and 200 energy at 25m power), and All ships killed give back 100% resources, All thats being lost is time. We do not do this in a malicious manner, and it is an issue that we are forcing people to quit, but PVP is a requirement in the game to be able to grow due to the resources. Sorry that it has to be like that.

To Playmage - It wouldn't hurt any of us if the lethality on a defensive loss were dropped by 20% (Which should cut losses almost in half) Temporarily for the server as it grows, giving people significantly smaller losses for less time to rebuild ships... Less people quitting the game.

-Talon
Dreamworld
Name - Talon | Guild - Member of DB2

Time World
Facebook| Name - Talon | Galaxy 9
Talon Lake

Postby kuwagami » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:45 am

there is one thing you are just not realizing. While you kong of FB players had a lot of time to enjoy the game, and mmos in general, these are pretty new for AG. You spoil the fun and make more and more people considering that this game, and mmos on a wider scale, are just toy lands for kong players who come here to ravage us and make fun. The average people quit because they are bored becoming farming targets and can't enjoy the game. Experienced players quit because they fail to see their friends enjoying the game and are sad seeing them quit, while they can't even protect them.

We are not "only losing time" when you farm us, we are losing all interest in this game. AG wasn't a mmo fervent fan place. With these kind of actions, the only players you'll see in AG's servers will be kongregate players coming here to toy the scarce remnants of us. You are killing the game.
kuwagami

Postby Talon Lake » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:58 am

But it's the point of the game! >_< This game is a war game, if you don't want to play a war game, why join it?
My personal farming will drop soon, I just needed my 100 consecutive wins.

My point does still stand though, I'd like lethality dropped, I hate attacking people and seeing big losses, its not my intention.
Dreamworld

Time World
Talon Lake

Postby MarcNL » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:12 pm

No but your Galaxy attacks 1 player with 3 or 4 members what fun.
MarcNL

Postby Talon Lake » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:41 am

All members attack for resources, and hit anybody they can really. I'm saying they should drop lethality, it would cut back losses majorly, but really being farmed isn't too big of a deal >_<
Dreamworld

Time World
Talon Lake

Next

Return to Bug Reports