Non-Racial Weapons

Non-Racial Weapons

Postby Darkonne » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:27 am

In regards to: " All races can now research all weapons, but research time for level 21+ will double for non-racial weapons."

At first I could slightly understand this, but the double research time is going to turn people into hating the higher tiers of the chapters in the game.

In Chapter 14, people find out that Carrots are needed for attacking because of the Missile Defense, Laser Defense and BioChem Defense. I dealt with that, as well as the few others that managed to get through Chapter 14.

In Chapter 15, you learn that there is Laser Defense and BioChem Defense primarily. However, at present, I am at Chapter 15, Section 6, and it is back to Missile Defense, Laser Defense and BioChem Defense. The problem is that, they are all at tech level 40.

My character is human. Does this mean that something that started out as innocent in the beginning of the game, is now screwing me in the later Chapters, because of this "Double Research Time for Non-Racial Weapons?"

It was a nice idea, however I believe that this idea needs to be tweaked yet, because there is still something wrong here.
Darkonne

Re: Non-Racial Weapons

Postby Thomas » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:00 pm

I think double research time should go in affect when then non-racial weapons reach the 5 lvls before cap, Trying to go from 40 to 45 should have the double time in it but not 21-39. Maybe even 7 levels before cap, MAYBE and very slimly MAYBE 10 levels before cap, But absolutely no further then 10 and that is a huge push as it is.
Thomas

Postby Talon Lake » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:53 pm

I would like to know why carrot defense is ignored actually.
Dreamworld
Name - Talon | Guild - Member of DB2

Time World
Facebook| Name - Talon | Galaxy 9
Talon Lake

Postby Piotrek » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:19 pm

Biochem weapon is the most not needed in chapters. First it has low hit rate, secound biodef started appear in ch12 so is harder and also all bosses can have dodge skill and tech so it's almost imposible to go ahead with that weapon up on chapters. Also what ppl telling there is much more biodefs and non-racial techs are doubled so I should stop invest into biochem and start making carrots few years to start and mayby finish ch13? That's a joke. My Bio is now 32 and very very slow will it go up becouse of building time also... 10-15days per lvl, hah so I think without 1day reducing time from help links I will be a grandpa before I start ch14 lol. 1 help link = 5x 2h reduce = 10h from a single building/tech and that's mean it not help much with 30days reaserch If I will start upgrading carrots from 31-32 for my actually ch13 and higher... But my actually carrots lvl is 6!!! That's mean I won't do no more chapters becouse I won't make them ever with my bio attack, and upgrading carrots (since they are the best for all kind of chapters dunno why?) will take forever atm. Serious? Awesome...
Piotrek

Postby Talon Lake » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:52 pm

I used biochem constantly from chapter 1 to halfway through chapter 14, and haven't tried for awhile. my tech is only 34, its highly possible to do with biochem.
Dreamworld
Name - Talon | Guild - Member of DB2

Time World
Facebook| Name - Talon | Galaxy 9
Talon Lake

Postby Kalon » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:41 am

Thomas is absolutely right. People that researched BEFORE the update have a major advantage now. And it's just weird that three chapters in a row, no person has carrot defense, but has all the other defenses. I'm absolutely baffled as to why one race has such a huge advantage over all 3. If it's within 5, then I completely understand double time. But, for those that were lacking...catching up now is absolutely dreadful, to the ONLY important chapter weapon in later chapters--carrots. Within 5 of max tech? Alright, make races somewhat important--no problem. 20, less than halfway to max? Oh no...
Kalon

Postby marjhunaz » Wed May 14, 2014 1:38 am

Racial weapons to racial suits with bonuses but it has been done with Amarr assaults very successfully and I think it would be better for Minmatar Assaults than the current bonuses.
marjhunaz

Postby Gizmet » Wed May 14, 2014 5:47 pm

I think the purpose of carrots being the necessary weapon for later chapters is related to the tremendous advantage one gets from bio-chem paired with hit technology and talents, making bio-chem the best weapon fro pretty much all non-story things (great for defending 'cause of high lethatlity, for hitting pillars because of high damage and hit rate that can be easily compensated for with hit tech and talent, and same for attacking players).
That being said, it sounds very much as if the importance placed on carrots for story, especially when combined with time high level techs take to research and the double time for non-racials makes this attempt at balance which might have been reasonable in earlier chapters (like 11,12, and 13) has gotten quite a bit out of hand. Although, I think the problem lies more in the total time to research any tech as you start to reach higher level, which from what I've been told can be weeks.
Perhaps a new civil technology that speeds up research could help. After all, there already are civil techs for buildings and ships. Not having one for research seems bound to create a disproportionate time investment on technology research.
Also increasing max helps and/ or max time saved from helps (at least for tech research if not in general) could serve to make tech researching non-racial techs less of a giant pain.
If nothing is done to reduce total time on non-racial techs, then I would say do everything you can to give all your heroes the pentration talent and max upgrade it, which if I'm not mistaken should nullify the weapon defenses of chapter bosses when it procs anyway and would serve to at least partially restore the effectiveness of your non-carrot weapon techs.
"It's not whether you win or lose. It's how much trash you talk while you play the game."
Gizmet

Return to Questions