Purple dragons

Purple dragons

Postby Kala » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:08 pm

I was just wondering if anybody has even seen a purple dragon yet? Also, if anybody else is tired of the strongest players all having the same setup? Kongs and parrots. I've tried to build a different setup, and stay away from the same as everybody else, but there is no way to win. What's wrong with a little variety? I say Playmage should make it a little more equal with pets actually being able to compete with that setup. Dragons are supposed to be the strongest, I thought at least, but even they can't win. There is no strategy imo. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Kala

Re: Purple dragons

Postby poop » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:28 am

I've never seen a purple dragon, yet I've farmed dragons for months for money and experience. FYI, I've just stopped playing the game. I would agree that all the top players have copied Coolguykev's line up and ultimately this is boring. Although I see that a healer (immediate healing) has been introduced by at least one to try and ensure they are unbeatable. I've beaten all players, but for the top one or two I needed to use food and needed some luck with specials. I found it hard to play the arena everyday so only occasionally got top spot. I also can't be bothered to grind out the game to finish the super dragons. That being said, it is a good game and it was worthwhile getting 100% of the game completed (before the super dragons were introduced). Enjoy....!
poop

Postby admin » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:28 am

We actually had an issue where Kong's armor penetration attack skill was too powerful which was recently fixed. This should help balance things quite a bid and we are hoping players can find ways to counter the kong + parrot combo.

There are few players that have purple dragons in the game, though they might not be active in the arena or using them in their lineup.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Talon Lake » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:38 pm

I saw a purple dragon myself, but failed to catch it unfortunately. Also, The problem is that the parrots stop your special attacks on defense so the kongs can just win, I think the parrots ability to remove a special attack on a hit should only work 50% of the time, to make this chance based would often make these line-ups not work.
Dreamworld
Name - Talon | Guild - Member of DB2

Time World
Facebook| Name - Talon | Galaxy 9
Talon Lake

Postby Niko » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:42 pm

I captured a purple fire dragon just 2 weeks ago. It was,and still is the only purple dragon I have seen after a battle since I began fighting the dragons!!!
Niko

Postby Zycroft » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:22 pm

Its a peculiar temptation Dragon Tear has offered up, turning my tears of sadness to tears of joy or dragons or remorse...

I decided I would never buy another gold pokeball than the one originally given, oops I meant catch ball thingy ;)

Nevertheless seeing I'd need over ten orbs for many decent creatures to even have the slight chance of catching them I began to hoard.

I caught 3 dragons in the last few days. A blizzard dragon and two inferno dragons. To calculate the impossibility..

I think the green blizzard dragon was 13 sphere/pokeorbs and gave me a 15% chance, and the green inferno dragon was the same. Then somehow Niko's fire dragon appeared to me. I was actually taken aback and instantaneously scared to see PURPLE!!!!! I didn't even let myself think anything having read others experience farming for months and before I gave myself a chance to hope or look at any percentages or anything besides the color purple I hit my screen with my hand and to my horrors I caught it.

I promised myself this morning today was my last day of Dragon Tear seeing Coolguykev's footprints trailing off... Then I caught a purple inferno. Dang?
Zycroft

Postby Zycroft » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:50 pm

And I'm a conspiracy theorist who always thinks of the potential of game developers to tweak games' rarity rates to be like gods controlling the fate of rising and falling competitors enticing profits and in game participation for the excitement of everyone's wallets.... But that never happens and who would introduce a bunch of purple dragons into the game to balance out the kongs anyhow... so I'm just happy to be lucky, or perhaps now I never will be again ;)
Zycroft

Postby HuHu » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:10 am

Since I start play Dragon Tear, I met 3 Purple Dragons ... 4 Blue Dragons ... a lot green and white ...
- 3 Purple (Storm Dragon lv 10X met at Pickle Dragon Stage ... fail to catch by silver ball / Aquarex lv 10X met at Aquarex Stage ... catch using silver ball / Inferno Dragon lv 11X met at Inferno Dragon Stage ... catch using silver ball) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
*** Comparison between wild Inferno Dragon lv11X with Baby Pyro farming from lv1 (I got from 2nd try of purple egg bought during sale) ... The different in stat is about 4%

- 4 Blue Dragons (Baby Pyro met at Baby Pyro Stage / Pyro Dragon met at Baby Pyro Stage / Tippy met at Tippy Stage / Baby Thunder met at Baby Thunder Stage) ... fail to catch all by bronze ball

- Green and White Dragons ... caught some but already disposal due to stat is very bad (dead when face Inferno Dragon Stage even got lv150) :idea:

Now 2 Inferno Dragons with Zapbot combo ... fought well against kong and parrot formula :geek:
HuHu

Postby P3R0 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:52 am

Talon Lake wrote:I saw a purple dragon myself, but failed to catch it unfortunately. Also, The problem is that the parrots stop your special attacks on defense so the kongs can just win, I think the parrots ability to remove a special attack on a hit should only work 50% of the time, to make this chance based would often make these line-ups not work.

I agree, nothing should work 100% of the time, but that annoying parrot is the worst of all... So unbalanced.
Mark my words, I will be last on the scoreboard one day.
P3R0

Return to Dragon Tear Discussion