Pillar Dammage

Pillar Dammage

Postby Dark2Elf » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:11 am

Hi
Pillars die a bit too easily now, can we scale back damage from high level players?
Dark2Elf

Re: Pillar Dammage

Postby admin » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:14 am

If you are talking about the Facebook server, we can slightly increase the initial HP of the pillar if that helps. Any objections to this?
admin
Site Admin

Postby Dark2Elf » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:24 am

Increasing the Hp helps as a short term fix but it also unbalances the game towards the long term high stat players (me included).

I would suggest scaling the damage by a factory or combination of factors (e.g. max cc level, hero level, skill level etc), so that lower level or newer players have a part to play.

Also it might be worth considering changing the HP given by pillar crystals.
Dark2Elf

Postby Dark2Elf » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:48 pm

I guess another way to achieve this would bee to reduce the dammage cap for 1 man groups to 1.5m
Dark2Elf

Postby Darkonne » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:53 pm

no objection to the increase of pillar hit points, from here.
Darkonne

Postby Darkonne » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:59 pm

but to reduce the 1 man group to 1.5m per hit..... geez.

then 100% of my hits would hit the cap.

if you're concern is with me, don't worry. I'll be starting collect and continuing the chapters soon.
Darkonne

Postby Dark2Elf » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:33 pm

90% of the time i hit for more than 2m solo
Dark2Elf

Postby Gizmet » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:00 am

Dark one, I think the fact that 100% of your hits do more than 1.5 mil is kind of the point of the damage cap idea. When the top players in the top unlocked galaxy are only hitting for about 200,000 to 500,000 when hitting as part of a group, while you're hitting the pillar for at least 3x that solo, it kind of throws off the balance of the game.
Now, while I'm sure it's great fun to dominate pillar wars for the top 5%, having absolutely no chance of cracking top 3 in the rest of galaxies is sort of frustrating for the rest of us.
On the other hand, if a galaxy that isn't full of people with five planets or more still has a chance of hitting #1 or 2 if they use at least twice as much ap and ships to get the damage in, it gives players a little bit more reason to actually try and participate.
I mean, when it takes 3-4 hits for one person to do more damage than most galaxies can do total, that's not exactly fun, is it?
Especially, when all those people who only need 3-4 hits are concentrated into 3 galaxies that are locked against players who can't do 1.5 mil in one hit.

Also, I think this topic might fit better into general discussion than into bug reports
"It's not whether you win or lose. It's how much trash you talk while you play the game."
Gizmet

Postby Relevant Wing » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:15 am

Most of my hits are over 1.5m easy too, lowering the cap to 1.5m really isnt gonna make much difference, plus the excess dmg over 2m a hit now im pretty sure is still added to the persons total dmg, its just no more than 2m hp per hit is removed, so even with 1.5m hits the top galaxies will still rule it, honestly, a pillar could easily be dropped with only 6-7 of us hitting it in minutes easily, some only last a few minutes thats why peoples ships and max ap come at the same time.

Top galaxies are locked yes, but if your active and open to learning one of the three will usually bring you on board, just gotta ask.
It'll take a miracle for you, but I can handle it.
Relevant Wing

Postby Gizmet » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:50 am

Quite frankly, I have no desire to join a locked galaxy. I'd rather make do with 4th or lower finishes against the pillars (sometimes third if we're lucky enough to hit pillar that drops before one of the big three gets a crack at it), than join a galaxy with some sort of "you have to do this much damage to the pillar" or "you have to have this many planets" or really any type of admission requirements. It's a matter of principle.
I just find it asinine to see someone complain about a damage cap that is so far beyond what the majority of players are capable of even remotely approaching. It's like watching an olympic sprinter complain because he has to give a guy in a wheelchair a 5 second head start in the 100 yard dash.
But I do agree, a 1.5 million cap won't really make much of a difference, anyway.
"It's not whether you win or lose. It's how much trash you talk while you play the game."
Gizmet

Next

Return to Bug Reports