beggar and wishing well

Questions and discussions related to various towns,
dungeons, quests, monsters, and special encounters.

beggar and wishing well

Postby had2lose » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:11 am

Okay, just how much do I have to give to get something? can someone please spell it out for me, i see all this stuff about your level having something to do with it. I just threw 55000 into the well and got some energy, not very rewarding for 55000.

I am currently level 30.

Thanks
had2lose

Re: beggar and wishing well

Postby goldenarms » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:14 am

I tossed 1000 into the well, and it gave me 2000 back. Needless to say, I got a little greedy and tossed 100,000 into the well.

Got some energy instead.

Live and learn.

As for the beggar, I think the more you give her, the better armor she gives you. Though at level 19, and already equipped with Silver Robe of Regeneration, everything she gives me, I end up selling (then again, same deal with the Guardian of Dreams, though she's infinitely more challenging... [grumble]Stupid Guardian Wrath/Force...[/grumble]

Just found another Wishing well, and I'd have to say, their effects seem randomized, too. Tossing another 1000 did nothing.
goldenarms

Postby wolfy42 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:45 am

I think both the well and beggar are based partially on stats...not just level...especially if you scare/dive.

After a certain point I never ran out of air anymore or failed to scare the beggar for instance. Those two options are pretty nice since they always give you a nice coin return and are not random. The gambler on the other hand is always better off dead heh....kill him and you'll get more coins then if you win the wager (unless you get 3 of a kind) and you still get way more coins over all on average by killing him (along with nice exp).

Meanwhile the old wise man seems to be best to chat with...as you boost your int you get better and better responses until you get a nice chunk of exp and coins from him. By 32 int (which you can get naturally without ever investing LP's by doing puzzles) you get the best response (I think...maybe there is a better one later!!)

Tossing coins into the well is too random, your almost better of buying energy from the medic then risking it in the well as far as a pure coin to energy ratio.

Giving money to the beggar is less risky...but you can lose it anyway.....scare her and you always get a nice amount of coins later on and it only takes a second.

I'm mean to beggars, I raid wishing wells and I out talk old wise men (oh yeah and I attack little girls in red capes!!).

If there was alignments in dream world I think I would be evil. Muahahaha!
wolfy42

Postby Shade » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:44 pm

Basically, it all comes down to your level...the higher level you get the more you have to give the beggar and the wishing well, otherwise they either give you nothing or give you something crap. The begger for example will just 'thank you and walk away', whilst sometimes when you throw coins into the wishing well it will say 'nothing happened'. Doesn't mean if you give them alot of money they'll be bound to give you something though, getting energy from a wishing well you just threw 20,000 coins into isn't exactly that promising, so it's a wager you'll have to take.
Shade

Postby wolfy42 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:33 pm

On the subject of the wishing well....

If you toss enough money into the well there are only two options that happen....the well gives you 3 energy...and the well spits out twice the money you threw in.

It seems to be a fairly closs to even chance for each.

This begs the question of alimit to how much the well will spit back out?

If there is no limit in theory you could become incredibly rich by randomly tossing in 10 million each time the well shows up.

If you get energy....oops you lost 10 million...no biggy.

If you get the money spit back out....next time you bet (er I mean toss) 20 million in.....then if you win 40 million...then 80 million....then 160 million etc until you lose it all because you were greedy.

Honestly though I have never gotten the spit coins out at you more then twice in a row so far...so I'm not going to attempt this...I am curious if there is a limit though....can you toss in 500 million coins and get lucky?
wolfy42

Postby Siskananamuk » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:53 pm

i dived in once and got alot of money from the bottom of the well.

as for the beggar, she is not so random. i started out giving her an extra 10,000 every time i see her. and sometimes i give her a percentage of what i have on hand. if i give her at least 50K or 50%, which ever is less, she atleast rewards me with energy.
Siskananamuk

Return to Exploring and Quests