who're is a contraction not a curse-word.

who're is a contraction not a curse-word.

Postby Gizmet » Thu May 08, 2014 1:50 pm

so when I use the contraction who're (as in who are) on the galaxy message board, what appears is: ***'**. I'd like to point out that "who're" is not a curse-word. See this link from dictionary.reference.com:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/who're
Note the complete lack of any reference to prostitution in the definition.
"It's not whether you win or lose. It's how much trash you talk while you play the game."
Gizmet

Re: who're is a contraction not a curse-word.

Postby Darkonne » Thu May 08, 2014 5:42 pm

then just type it out as: " who are " or " who r "
Darkonne

Postby Gizmet » Thu May 08, 2014 10:17 pm

I'm aware that there's alternate ways to express "who're." But there's really nor reason for it to be censored, and if it's not too difficult to remedy that bug, I see no reason not to. Also, I think the fact that it's censored is mildly entertaining and thought other's might think so also.
And it is easy to forget that a non-curse is mistaken for a curse until the *** appear to remind me.
"It's not whether you win or lose. It's how much trash you talk while you play the game."
Gizmet

Postby Darkonne » Tue May 13, 2014 12:45 am

There are multiple good reasons why situational blockages occur, and as a fellow programmer, I approve of them and say to you that they will not and should not be removed. Just keep your mild-entertainment to yourself and use the alternate ways. It is not a bug. It has a purpose.
Darkonne

Return to Bug Reports