Upgrade books/ crystals in auction?

Upgrade books/ crystals in auction?

Postby Gizmet » Sun May 25, 2014 8:42 am

So I've seen a fair number of posts asking that upgrade books be made coupon-buyable. I don't think that's super likely to happen, although I'd be stoked to be proven wrong, but what about putting upgrade books in auction?
Also, what about putting yellow through purple crystals in auction?
"It's not whether you win or lose. It's how much trash you talk while you play the game."
Gizmet

Re: Upgrade books/ crystals in auction?

Postby Piotrek » Mon May 26, 2014 9:41 am

You can get alot of crystals from gen/sum/mummy raids, pirates, arena, badges... We don't need crystals in auction. Upgrade books for coupons would be much better than in auction, mayby people would like to hit more pillars thanks to that.
Piotrek

Postby Gizmet » Tue May 27, 2014 12:16 am

Upgrade books would be better for coupons, but if that's not likely to happen (or even if it does), would they really be that bad in auction?
And blue crystals, at least, are kind of difficult to get without a very large group of friends who regularly do hard raids (And even green and yellows in lots of 50 or 100 would be nice, just as a time-saver). Not impossible, and they do accumulate slowly from P7 pirate battles (but then, there's many players who don't have P7 players as friends or in their galaxy and it's often preferable to spend AP hitting pillars, doing story, or attacking players than it is to use it on planet visits.), so while maybe you don't need them in auction, that doesn't mean no one does. I don't need lv. 40 or 50 purple items, or pretty much any blue items, or S1 or S2 gear in auction. But they're there, and some players bid on them, so someone needs them. If they put crystals in auction, and they never get bid on, then fine, stop putting crystals in auction.
Although, I will concede that crystals might be better suited as coupon purchases. But as a player who doesn't already have all the purple skill cards, I do think it would be nice if I had more ways to get crystals.
Not all players are in a galaxy that regularly finishes #1 against pillars, so giving them an alternative to coupons for getting things seems fairly reasonable.
Especially if this game ever does grow to a point where pillar wars becomes an real competition as that would make coupons from galaxy pillar ranks a much less consistent proposition.
"It's not whether you win or lose. It's how much trash you talk while you play the game."
Gizmet

Postby Gizmet » Tue May 27, 2014 12:33 am

Side note, most players don't hit pillars, because it seems pointless to spend all your ap for a coupon return of 60 a pop when their galaxy is going to get 4th place at best.
If you'd like to see more players hitting pillars, I'd recommend advocating for coupon rewards based on personal rank for top 30 or 40 players on a pillar (Which I would love to see happen), or weekly coupon rewards for top 50-100 players in total pillar damage (which I would also really like to see. Even without coupons, I'd like to see how players rank in total pillar damage on a week to week basis).
Gizmet

Return to General Discussions