Dragon Slayer item

Questions and discussions related to armors,
weapons, items, and allies.

Dragon Slayer item

Postby Iftikar » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:51 pm

Hiya

This is prolly a really silly question...

I am currently a lev 50 Dragon Slayer and am wanting some advice on my eq.

Currently I have:
Mythic sword of power +2
Unknown god's armour of speed +3

I would like to know what there is out there that's better.....

Thanks in advance

Iftikar.
Iftikar

Re: Dragon Slayer item

Postby wolfy42 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:02 pm

Hi:)

Well I would invest in a good guardian sword as it will make it much harder for other players to beat you in the arena. If you look under the custom tab in the store you might see one being sold.

For pure offense I would go with a sword of speed over a sword of power.....it also adds a bit more defense but not as much as the guardian sword would.

When attacking other players in the arena it's all about offense really so I would go with the Sword of Speed +3 (just use guard once and you'll not need the guardian bonus anyway).

For real offense (and the only time you need offense really is when attacking in the arena), you probably want to put some points into magic. You don't need many mind you....just enough to get implosion should do it. Then you want to get any enchanted staff...that boosts your skill damage by 20% which will probably be more then you do with your sword +3:)

It's kinda nice to get all of the support skills though......if you really want to pound people try and get the gun support skill for the bonus to crit chance.

If you end up using say 40 implosions to kill someone normally...boosting your critch chance by 20% with aim is going to save you alot of skill points!!
wolfy42

Postby Iftikar » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:04 pm

Thanks for the advice. I should probably have said I have all the prem items as well - so I only go to the arena when I want to :D

So if I put points into the mage and ranger skill set they stack on top of my knight skill set?

Bizarre
Iftikar

Postby wolfy42 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:21 pm

Yep, more skill points for you. From what I have heard you get the most skill points from boosting magic.....so it's quite worth it.

I'd suggest getting shield as well...having both shield and guard will come very useful later on vs the optional bosses.

If you have the invisibility cloak though it's all about offense for you pretty much...and offense is gotten through enchanted staffs (at least highest skill point to damage ratio).

I have not actually tried the higher damage swords though with the sword skills....perhaps with enough stat boosts to attack you would do more damage with one of them....I think the 20% bonus skill damage from the staff would compensate for that though.
wolfy42

Postby BanzaiBob » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:27 pm

Wolfy !!! posted that just as I was sorting a reply - will have to be quicker next time.

You should also try and replace the armour with red dragon scales of speed for the extra defense - rarely in the shop but most likely a guardian of dreams reward.
That and a guardians mythic blade are a nasty defensive combo - add in a decent Con and it takes quite a few skill points to take you down. Also means that you are unlikly to need healing very much on ordinary mob battles so extra cash in the bank
BanzaiBob

Postby Iftikar » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:34 pm

Ok smart - will use some of the skill points I have left around :D

Ok - time for more silly questions
If I use a staff can I only use mage skills?
I will keep an eye out for that armour and sword :D

Any spare money I have currently is going into Con unless I see a good piece of armour of weapon
Iftikar

Postby BanzaiBob » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:40 pm

All the skills are locked to the weapon type so yes - if you use a staff you have to use mage skills. There is nothing stopping you switching between the two weapons during a fight so you can use a wider variety of skills. Also the skill damage bonus from the staffs and mage class only effect the mage skills so no boosting sword attacks !!!! There is no such thing as a stupid question - only stupid answers !! And you will get plenty of those from me !!!
BanzaiBob

Postby Iftikar » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:45 pm

Bob - I doubt I will get stupid answers from you, you are from God's own county just like myself.

Is there a max limit on stats - I see some people have strength of over 70 - I see no way to get this unless you get strength gem's from chests etc?

I think I will probably stick to my sword as main weapon, will keep an eye out for a better weapon - I know there is a +3 version of my sword :>
Iftikar

Postby wolfy42 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:50 pm

From what I heard there may not have been a limit to strength before...so that may be why some people have very high strengths.

In addition later on you can trade in gems for learning points (it's like 210 learning points per 24 gems for me). Which could let you boost a stat pretty high (70 might be pushing it unless you have ALOT of gems).
wolfy42

Postby Iftikar » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:57 pm

Of course - had forgot you could still train str - D'oh!!

Thanks for the tip of putting points into mage to get skill points - worked a treat - lol
Iftikar

Return to Equipment and Items