Scripting warning bug

Scripting warning bug

Postby CMat66 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:40 pm

Can I get someone to explain to me exactly what scripting is? If I am going to be warned about the possible use of scripting, it would help to know if I in fact am scripting. I keep getting a warning popping up warning me of possible scripting detected. It is a grey box that takes up the entire screen, with the following message:
"Sorry but it looks like there is a problem: Possible scripting detected - please see Terms of Service"

I believe this is a BUG and needs looked into. I don't script (at least not that I know of) and would never script even if I knew how.

Can I get a Dev to respond with some info and possible solution to this bug? Thanks
CMat66

Re: Scripting warning bug

Postby Raven » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:17 am

Scripting is using 3rd party programs, or scripts, to play the game or parts of the game for you. Like having a script that starts your attacks and will delay long enough for the skill bar to reach max and then finish the attack.
Raven King
GM - Haven
Raven

Postby CMat66 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:04 am

Thanks Raven King, that's what I thought scripting was and am now sure I am not. If I was, the dang "S" key on my keyboard wouldn't be so shiny. :lol:

This is definitely a Bug then. Anyone else getting this message?
CMat66

Postby CMat66 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:10 am

Nothing? Really? Wow. OK, must only be me and must have stumped the Devs. Guess I'll live with it for the time being.
CMat66

Postby CMat66 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:50 pm

It was suggested by someone that I may be getting that message because someone has reported me for possible scripting. Since I have not heard from the Admins/Devs, I am starting to think that is the case. It is, of course, is total crap but the silence is deafening.
CMat66

Postby admin » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:13 am

CMat66 wrote:It was suggested by someone that I may be getting that message because someone has reported me for possible scripting. Since I have not heard from the Admins/Devs, I am starting to think that is the case. It is, of course, is total crap but the silence is deafening.

If you are not using scripts to help you automate gameplay, then you don't need to worry about those warnings. The detection mechanism isn't perfect, so we always double check with server log stats anyways.
admin
Site Admin

Postby CMat66 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:38 am

Thanks for the reply...and I won't concern myself with it any longer. Just wanted to let you know about it. Thanks again
CMat66

Return to Report Bugs