Abuse...Maybe?

Abuse...Maybe?

Postby alfatemycat » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:01 pm

I would call this abuse but some may not, so I need some clarification from admin. I know someone who is using their alts in other guilds to join the losing side of faction so that their main characters' guild can join the winning side of faction. It's mostly alts spread over several guilds but one guild is mainly alt of one person. One guild is mainly alts of said player though and that's guild padding at the very least.
Being safe on the internet is a lot like being safe in real life. Always have a back-up plan and be careful where you stick your pointer.
alfatemycat

Re: Abuse...Maybe?

Postby dreamwarrior254 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:56 pm

Seems like a violation of ToS to me. I hope the admins can shed some light on this. Just glancing over the list I can spot one guild on the winning side and their alt guild on the other...
∂яєαм ωαяяισя
GM - Titans
dreamwarrior254

Postby alfatemycat » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:33 pm

If you look closer on other servers there are many alt guilds on the losing side and the main guild on the winning side of faction. Also, it seems there are a lot of guilds that only come out for faction, otherwise they are non existent. By that I mean they're not in invasion and the guild stats are all 0's(no isendel, mine, portal, demon gate, hell etc). No activity at all except for joining faction. I know for a fact one person is using this to there advantage and if the developers look close on there end they will see others are guilty as well. If it's legal then fine I'll start cranking out some alt guilds if it's not legal it should stop.
Being safe on the internet is a lot like being safe in real life. Always have a back-up plan and be careful where you stick your pointer.
alfatemycat

Postby dreamwarrior254 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:35 pm

lol I agree completely. If it's ok then we'll start flooding the game with alt guilds just for that purpose
∂яєαм ωαяяισя
GM - Titans
dreamwarrior254

Postby admin » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:30 am

There are two scenario that would be against the ToS.
1. If the alt guild consists of alts from the main guild, and it's obviously timed such same person controlling accounts signed up both guilds within seconds of each other so to exploit this.
2. The sign-up of both is coordinated (although not by alts of same person), then alt guild is obviously performs much worse than it's capable to allow the main guild to win.

While both may not be easy to proof, it's strongly recommended (not absolutely required) for main guild and wing guild to try to sign-up on the same side or different tier to avoid such suspicious. If a guild have been proofed to break either of the above two scenario in the future faction wars, we will zero out the guild's bonus for a week.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Arctica » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:44 pm

alfatemycat wrote:If you look closer on other servers there are many alt guilds on the losing side and the main guild on the winning side of faction. Also, it seems there are a lot of guilds that only come out for faction, otherwise they are non existent. By that I mean they're not in invasion and the guild stats are all 0's(no isendel, mine, portal, demon gate, hell etc). No activity at all except for joining faction. I know for a fact one person is using this to there advantage and if the developers look close on there end they will see others are guilty as well. If it's legal then fine I'll start cranking out some alt guilds if it's not legal it should stop.

No invasion, no isendel, mines etc....... could mean said person is farming towns for the week then using factions to farm the exp and get good drops while constantly running from the boss to drop his rage % to 0, thus being able to keep the guild bonus at 0% for farming during the week, which as far as I know isn't cheating it is in fact extremely smart way to gain exp to level (as well as other stuff) over the bonus weekend, and then keeping an extremely low exp gain during the week to farm, because if you use that as a term of cheating then technically any guild which ends faction war with a score of 0 you can class as cheating as well :roll:
Arctica

Postby Maria » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:43 am

Surely if the main guild and alt guild are in the same faction instead then the alt guild is helping the main guild win that faction anyway? I'm confused
Tracey
Titans

Maria

Postby Arctica » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:00 pm

Maria wrote:Surely if the main guild and alt guild are in the same faction instead then the alt guild is helping the main guild win that faction anyway? I'm confused

Yep, could be both ways I guess, but then Im confused on number 2 from the admin, zone 1 factions is a annoying one cause it depends if the bigger guilds, alts or normal have time or can actually be bothered to kill them, or may be letting the others in the guilds as I previously stated get the exp and other stuff from just the mobs. So is a fine line in reality between abusing the ToS or actually playing smarter then most people could have thought of
Arctica

Postby Linda Campbell » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:32 pm

A friend of mine first here in the game, now in real life has been accused of having alts in their Family Guild. I am talking about the Stokley Family whom I have known for a few years. game name Zidane and his wife Stacey and cousin James (game name VIvI) (Stew to family and real friends) Stokley and for a while Zidane's two young boys. James has his own bedroom in Zidane's house. James is being accused of being a alt and in the same guild as the GM. If you the Developers and Admin listen to jealous and mean spirited people without checking facts. Then you cannot be trusted no more than some of the mean spirited people. There is a Easy solution Ask Zidane and his Cousin James to give you their phone number and make a confidence call so both would have to talk to you at the same time.One minute is all you need to tell the difference.The person that accused James should be put in court for damaging a person reputation without proof of wrong doing. James is one of the nicest persons I have ever had the pleasure of talking too and so is all his family members that play. This is the first time of making a complaint on this forum and it is embarrassing to have to write to people I don't know and will never know. If this is the way things are handled then truth is not what you are looking for but you are looking to applease richer and more powerful people than myself. I humbly ask that you take a closer look at this situation and if you are banning James then you should ban the accuser too. This way even if the lies persist both are gone and no more trouble with lies and probably not more trouble from that person. Thank you very much for at least reading this.
Linda Campbell

Postby Arctica » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:12 am

Linda Campbell wrote:A friend of mine first here in the game, now in real life has been accused of having alts in their Family Guild. I am talking about the Stokley Family whom I have known for a few years. game name Zidane and his wife Stacey and cousin James (game name VIvI) (Stew to family and real friends) Stokley and for a while Zidane's two young boys. James has his own bedroom in Zidane's house. James is being accused of being a alt and in the same guild as the GM. If you the Developers and Admin listen to jealous and mean spirited people without checking facts. Then you cannot be trusted no more than some of the mean spirited people. There is a Easy solution Ask Zidane and his Cousin James to give you their phone number and make a confidence call so both would have to talk to you at the same time.One minute is all you need to tell the difference.The person that accused James should be put in court for damaging a person reputation without proof of wrong doing. James is one of the nicest persons I have ever had the pleasure of talking too and so is all his family members that play. This is the first time of making a complaint on this forum and it is embarrassing to have to write to people I don't know and will never know. If this is the way things are handled then truth is not what you are looking for but you are looking to applease richer and more powerful people than myself. I humbly ask that you take a closer look at this situation and if you are banning James then you should ban the accuser too. This way even if the lies persist both are gone and no more trouble with lies and probably not more trouble from that person. Thank you very much for at least reading this.

Put in court over a reputation on a game which 99.9% of the world don't even know :lol: and a phone call technically proves nothing, could be just 2 friends/flatmates, 1 who plays and 1 who doesn't. But I do know from being in JLH that they are both different people
Arctica

Next

Return to Report Abuse