ToS breaches

ToS breaches

Postby Maria » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:09 pm

Sorry to be a pest but I know you (devs) clarified what alts can and cannot do on a previous thread. suddenly if they pay enough they seen to be able to what the hell they like. this seems to beToS breached big time in these last few weeks and in fact it's happening again now (lIVE!) - after your clarification of ToS on forum weeks ago and I believe, other warnings to the same Base Character

Please can you finalise what an alt can and cannot do - in particular if it is the high level player controlling diplomacy and other tactical decisions in 3 separate guilds or more

This grieves me in particular as about 4 years ago you scrutinized my husbands character just because he was playng from my computer.
he was so pissed off he gave up. and rarely plays. now it seems alts can sudden;y to what the hell they like.
Tracey
Titans

Maria

Re: ToS breaches

Postby admin » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:08 pm

We just sent a warning to one of players who were using alts to make insignificant damage to mystics, and she replied yesterday that it will stop from now on. Feel free to send me a private message about this violation you say is happening live right now since it should have already have stopped.

With that said however, I recommend everyone in the community try to self-police and communicate to each other first (and keep screenshots as evidence that you have informed the person of their violation as evidence), then contact us after they refuse to comply to the rules after knowing what is not right to do.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Maria » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:45 pm

thanks - yes we do try to police things ourselves but some people, sadly, think they are above the ToS and refuse to play fair :) Thanks for sorting it out
Tracey
Titans

Maria

Postby CMat66 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:25 pm

"Self Police"? Really? Maybe we should self police scripting as well. After all, getting an advantage in one way or the other by breaching the ToS should be punished. We'll just slap each other on the wrist.

I have never thought it a good idea to have an alt character. Having one can lead to this type abuse and it seems people can and will get away with it.
CMat66

Postby admin » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:47 am

What I mean is for players who have read the forum clarification thread to inform possible perpetrators about the violations not may not be immediately obvious based on our ToS. If someone is hacking and exploiting the game wouldn't require any warning, and the player would be punished for the first offense. For the not so obvious rule breakages, It's a lot easier to issue out punishment if there are evidence that person has been informed about it already. Otherwise without proof of intentional breakage after knowing the clarification, we are likely just be giving out warnings first.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Maria » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:08 pm

Yes that is what we do. Many people just didn't realise and are grateful that we've explained to them, that's why we were grateful that you cleared up so many questions for us - we can refer anyone not sure to that post. However we do come very occasionally across people who think they are above the rules and it doesn't apply to them. Therefore to avoid confrontation and a stream of abusive messages from these occasional people which then have to be reported to Facebook too, asking you to confirm is safer - there can be no doubts then

Thanks again for your help
Tracey
Titans

Maria

Postby Maria » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:39 pm

Looks like your warning didn't work either - see current mystic hits on VV
Tracey
Titans

Maria

Postby Maria » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:42 pm

Looks like your warning didn't work either - see current mystic hits on several guilds.
Tracey
Titans

Maria

Postby dreamwarrior254 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:48 pm

So much for me being paranoid about this lol
∂яєαм ωαяяισя
GM - Titans
dreamwarrior254

Postby DonnaNoble » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:11 pm

I have screen shots of todays activity. Maybe they forgot they would not do it anymore :? :? :?
DonnaNoble

Next

Return to Report Abuse