thoughts on pillar wars

thoughts on pillar wars

Postby Gizmet » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:24 am

okay, so here's my thoughts, in order of importance.

1) reward coupons even when a galaxy claims a pillar. It's very frustrating to spend a lot of ap, time and effort to push your galaxy up a rank or two only to find you're getting 0 coupons because your galaxy claimed that pillar. And no, the fact that your galaxy now has a pillar is not any kind of compensation, especially if it's a pillar like otis or alston. Pillars come and go.

2) eliminate or reduce the 12 hour wait between claiming pillars until there's actually enough active galaxies that this wait time doesn't leave pillars unclaimed so frequently. As I'm writing this, there are currently 2 unclaimed pillars. This means there are two pillars that nobody can attack for an extra few (one has been unclaimed for at least 4 hours) hours. Which means a slower turnover rate. Which means slower accumulation of coupons. This is no bueno.

3) failing #2, at least allow the galaxy with the longest time since it's pillar fell to claim a pillar early if no galaxies qualify to claim that pillar. Or create an auto claim feature so once enough time has elapsed for a galaxy to claim a pillar, if it's done damage to an unclaimed pillar it automatically claims it, and there's not the extra couple hours of wait time to claim a pillar because no galaxy leaders or vices are online.

4) coupon rewards for individual ranking on pillars (ranging from say, 1000 to 1500 for 1st place to 100 for 25th-30th place). For players who aren't in the top 4-5 galaxies, there's little incentive to even hit pillars once a day for galaxy ranking coupons. And even in the top galaxies, there's not much reason to do more than one hit if a player can only do a couple hundred thousand damage or less, since they aren't able to significantly impact their galaxy's ranking.

5) a daily "attack a pillar" quest. And perhaps some achievements for various total pillar damages and single hit pillar damages. Just some things to boost overall participation in pillar wars.

Anyway, just some thoughts. I'll prolly keep playing whatever you do, and I'm a free player, so it prolly doesn't make much difference to you guys either way. And these maybe aren't such major issues to the golders. But still, stuff to think about.
"It's not whether you win or lose. It's how much trash you talk while you play the game."
Gizmet

Re: thoughts on pillar wars

Postby Piotrek » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:12 pm

I like all, but PM won't like this and thanks to that new nembers do not see a point in hitting pillars and fast stop playing this game so it not develop. Old players ending playing becouse everything cost so much time even u have a hero with 1000+ build or tech and they don't want open game everyday to see the time. Chapters everytime going higher and alot of players can't even get 6 planets. They end playing with 4. Little bost in coupons for all would be good to stop maybe some of players that planning end game to keep them here.
Piotrek

Re: thoughts on pillar wars

Postby Gizmet » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:26 pm

yeah, PM does seem to habitually ignore these types of requests (what do you suppose the odds are there'll be a fuse option for equipment with the next expansion?). Although I think it's pretty telling (if one were to examine the history of our discussions) that this is something the two of us actually agree on.
"It's not whether you win or lose. It's how much trash you talk while you play the game."
Gizmet

Return to General Discussions