Top Gear

Questions and discussions related to armors,
weapons, items, and allies.

Re: Top Gear

Postby Bjorn Reddy » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:28 pm

OK, I’ve done some testing and I think I’ve sussed it! I think the regen armor is superior to the con+4 armor in all situations except taking on the final bosses in the final quest. My reasoning is as follows. It seems that the survivability of the con+4 armor is slightly better than the regen armor, but it is not sufficiently better that it warrants using it, except for the final quest. In the final quest survival is the only thing that matters and since IMHO the con+4 armor provides superior survivalism, then it needs to be used there. However for the rest of the game, your primary objective in taking down a monster is to grab as much cash as you can. The exp gain is not affected by your equipment so the only thing that you can modify is how much money you make from each fight. The regen armor is vastly superior here. You end up with a lot less damage to have the Guardian of Dreams heal and that means you pocket more of the gold you garnered from your hard fought victory. What is your opinion? I value alternative thinking, ideas, and analysis. So please post your thoughts on this. Thanks!
Bjorn Reddy

Postby menot » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:11 am

Bjorn Reddy wrote:OK, I’ve done some testing and I think I’ve sussed it! I think the regen armor is superior to the con+4 armor in all situations except taking on the final bosses in the final quest. My reasoning is as follows. It seems that the survivability of the con+4 armor is slightly better than the regen armor, but it is not sufficiently better that it warrants using it, except for the final quest. In the final quest survival is the only thing that matters and since IMHO the con+4 armor provides superior survivalism, then it needs to be used there. However for the rest of the game, your primary objective in taking down a monster is to grab as much cash as you can. The exp gain is not affected by your equipment so the only thing that you can modify is how much money you make from each fight. The regen armor is vastly superior here. You end up with a lot less damage to have the Guardian of Dreams heal and that means you pocket more of the gold you garnered from your hard fought victory. What is your opinion? I value alternative thinking, ideas, and analysis. So please post your thoughts on this. Thanks!

also regen armour has the same armor level as a +1 item, so a +3 armor (which gives 4 bonus to the stat) will have 2 more armor points.
menot

Postby Bjorn Reddy » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:46 am

Ah! Good to know! Thanks! Is there someplace that lists all the particulars for armor and weapons? I am flying by the seat of my pants!
Bjorn Reddy

Postby Gwynbleidd » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:49 pm

Is there a "greater star robe of power +3?" I've been looking out for one, if they do exist i haven't seen one appear on the market yet, nor have i seen someone with it equipt :mrgreen:
Gwynbleidd

Postby skier » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:39 am

Gwynbleidd wrote:Is there a "greater star robe of power +3?" I've been looking out for one, if they do exist i haven't seen one appear on the market yet, nor have i seen someone with it equipt :mrgreen:

yes, it does exist. i think i have seen it in mt killjoy shop but it is ultra rare. if your level is high enough or if u are lucky, it can also be a quest reward.
skier

Postby Aristotle » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:47 pm

To all of you wondering if there is better Armor or Staffs out there, yes, there is. When you are over level 51, and you can fight the Demon Gates and Alien Portal, you get stronger weapons and armor in each of those as a reward. Basically, the higher your level, the stronger your weapon or armor will be for reward. I am level 61 with Enchanted Staff that has attack around 800 plus 18% damage bonus. And Red Dragon Scales of Regen +9, which has 75 defense. In Isendel, the items are much stronger, but you must be level 66 just to step foot in there. ;)
Aristotle

Postby JackOS » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:38 pm

I thought this was gonna be about the tv show :(
Some guy at [HEA]

If you need help, want to apply to HEA, whatever, just hit me up here. Message me DW or something like that so I don't ignore you.

JackOS

Postby Godric » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:32 am

Aristole, these guys are from a long time back, back before the Mystics, Isendel, The Portal, or the Gates. ;)
'The statement below is true.
The statement above is false'

Godric

Previous

Return to Equipment and Items