Pillar softening/ damage cap

Pillar softening/ damage cap

Postby Gizmet » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:22 pm

So I think it would be fairly nice if per-day damage bonus on pillars was increased from 20% to at least 30%, and more like 50%. Also if the damage cap went up by about 250k or 500k per day, that would be really nice.
Cause seriously, if you've had a pillar more than 2-3 days after prot drops, you've had plenty of time to work on story with it and it's probably about time for another gal to get that pillar. Also pillars that last for days and days have a fairly stifling effect on pillar wars in general.

just some thoughts.
"It's not whether you win or lose. It's how much trash you talk while you play the game."
Gizmet

Re: Pillar softening/ damage cap

Postby DeadPool83 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:47 pm

agree Gizmet.

i'd like to add that i think there should be a minimun number of members in a galaxy before it can claim a pillar.
having these solo member galaxies holding pillars for days on end just ruins the game...
pillars are meant to exchange hands often. Not be held by one greedy person who knows the vast majority of players cannot beat them,
so they will leave him alone and target another pillar to maximize their ap.
DeadPool83

Postby Bramble Thorn » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:48 pm

In dream world any guild can build a wonder, but less that 30 members means stage one of the the battle is skipped entirely, and the pillar is directly attacked. For the same reasons that we are having problems with pillars recently. That sounds fair here. If Thomas or Darkelf want to claim a galaxy just for themselves, and a pillar just for themselves, they can. And after 24 hours of protection, the pillar can be attacked directly, and shortly fall. Cause sorry, one dude locked away all by himself does not a galaxy make.
Bramble Thorn

Postby ryuk227 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:30 pm

I agree with Giz and Bramble somewhat, the exhaustion on pillars lasting that long should be increased but certainly not by 50%. Maybe the normal 20% after the first day but increase to 30% by the 2nd day and 35% all the days after that. I really dislike single person galaxies holding pillars for multiple days.
ryuk227

Postby Gizmet » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:54 pm

really, it's not the softening that matters as much, in my opinion, as having the damage cap go up once a pillar's been out of protection for a day or two. When a player or team can hit for 3 mil or more, I feel like they should also be able to use less ap (through an increased damage cap) to knock out a 3 day old pillar. With a cap of 2 mil, softening makes little to no difference in terms of ap spent to players who can already hit for 2.5 or more mil.
"It's not whether you win or lose. It's how much trash you talk while you play the game."
Gizmet

Postby Relevant Wing » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:47 am

Not many hit for more than 2 mil, that cap is probably fine, if anything maybe the group cap should be raised.
It'll take a miracle for you, but I can handle it.
Relevant Wing

Postby Thomas » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:54 pm

Hmm, I have yet to see a pillar last DAYS except for maybe G9 or G20. Sorry but limiting it just because I can hold and take a Pillar isn't going to help anything. Also there aren't enough Pillar grabbing Galaxies that need them for it to be limited, If there was then my measly 2-10M damage on a Pillar wouldn't let me claim. And I have not held a Pillar for DAYS ON END, so grouping me into this Solo player thing is BS. My pillar lasts MAYBE a day after protection ends(Typically I bet on having a Pillar for 16 Hours). The battle phase should not be limited due to low players, It's alot easier to take down a Pillar that has 1 protector then one that has 50, Get groups of 6 against my 1 and it'll not be a problem(or 5 or whatever the team limit is). 1 person doesn't make a Galaxy then all these other 200+ locked 1 player galaxies should be removed after 30 days with player base about 5-10.

Normally there are only about 5-8 galaxies that actually rank in Pillars, there are 9 pillars. Do the math. Yes very rarely there are more, but also keep in mind those galaxies won't last and will soon goto 9, 20, 48, etc because they became stronger and want a stronger galaxy or got recruited. There have been a small amount of pillar grabbing galaxies long before I started solo claiming.

History of this game shows that and this game is decreasing in player base. This is not kongregate, That would benefit from something like that.
Thomas

Postby Relevant Wing » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:03 pm

Thomas wrote:Hmm, I have yet to see a pillar last DAYS except for maybe G9 or G20. Sorry but limiting it just because I can hold and take a Pillar isn't going to help anything. Also there aren't enough Pillar grabbing Galaxies that need them for it to be limited, If there was then my measly 2-10M damage on a Pillar wouldn't let me claim. And I have not held a Pillar for DAYS ON END, so grouping me into this Solo player thing is BS. My pillar lasts MAYBE a day after protection ends(Typically I bet on having a Pillar for 16 Hours). The battle phase should not be limited due to low players, It's alot easier to take down a Pillar that has 1 protector then one that has 50, Get groups of 6 against my 1 and it'll not be a problem(or 5 or whatever the team limit is). 1 person doesn't make a Galaxy then all these other 200+ locked 1 player galaxies should be removed after 30 days with player base about 5-10.

Normally there are only about 5-8 galaxies that actually rank in Pillars, there are 9 pillars. Do the math. Yes very rarely there are more, but also keep in mind those galaxies won't last and will soon goto 9, 20, 48, etc because they became stronger and want a stronger galaxy or got recruited. There have been a small amount of pillar grabbing galaxies long before I started solo claiming.

History of this game shows that and this game is decreasing in player base. This is not kongregate, That would benefit from something like that.

Really your pillar isnt a problem if I can solo hit, which I can, but really its stupid having solo and group damage limits the same, yes it dont matter if 1 player or 5 do 2+ Mil dmg it takes off 2m
It'll take a miracle for you, but I can handle it.
Relevant Wing

Postby ryuk227 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:06 am

Really your pillar isnt a problem if I can solo hit, which I can, but really its stupid having solo and group damage limits the same, yes it dont matter if 1 player or 5 do 2+ Mil dmg it takes off 2m[/quote]

Even raised to 3m with a group would be more helpful
ryuk227

Return to General Discussions