KoD idea/suggestion FAO admins

Discussion specific to Facebook Server (eg. Guild Recruitments)

KoD idea/suggestion FAO admins

Postby Maria » Wed May 06, 2015 7:01 am

I'm still trying to come up with legitimate ideas to make the winnings better shared out.

How about KoD be tiered, like the invasion is? Maybe 3 tiers based on player levels, this way lower levels would have a chance of winning gems and a ring. Rings could be level appropriate too.

I'm just thinking the potential to win gems and rings would be a good boost for lower level and newer players.
Tracey
Titans

Maria

Re: KoD idea/suggestion FAO admins

Postby vaughnbillow » Wed May 06, 2015 8:54 am

Great idea. Anything to help improve the game and keep moral up and new people coming.
vaughnbillow

Postby dreamwarrior254 » Wed May 06, 2015 2:55 pm

anything would be an improvement over what we have now
∂яєαм ωαяяισя
GM - Titans
dreamwarrior254

Postby etching » Fri May 08, 2015 7:15 am

Maria wrote:How about KoD be tiered, like the invasion is? Maybe 3 tiers based on player levels, this way lower levels would have a chance of winning gems and a ring. Rings could be level appropriate too.

Yeah, the KoD should be tiered --- those who have gotten the Arena Ring must play in one tier, and those who haven't in the other :lol:
etching

Postby Maria » Fri May 08, 2015 8:55 am

that's actually a good idea etching, I like it :)
Tracey
Titans

Maria

Postby Feochadan » Sun May 17, 2015 2:45 pm

Although I actually considered this quite a bit when the idea first came out, I no longer think that any tweaks need to be made to KoD. I am now seeing players that are getting unbuyable cards on their own BIG TIME and will soon take their place at the top of the list. For example, Skylar is about one card away from being unbeatable by Thistle. KoD is already tiered so that the arena ring is something to truly strive for. Differing levels of gems are freely given out. I think that any perceived unevenness between those who spend money and those who do not will very soon be ironed out on its own. Then there will be absolutely no basis for complaint.

Darlene
Feochadan

Postby Arctica » Mon May 18, 2015 12:39 pm

Maria wrote:I'm still trying to come up with legitimate ideas to make the winnings better shared out.

How about KoD be tiered, like the invasion is? Maybe 3 tiers based on player levels, this way lower levels would have a chance of winning gems and a ring. Rings could be level appropriate too.

I'm just thinking the potential to win gems and rings would be a good boost for lower level and newer players.

:lol: now how many times has this post been brought up wayyy back when KoD started and people used to say it was me complaining that I didnt win? Now the exact thing now is coming up and oh wait no one is complaining well I'm gunna take there place. The game is about competition and if you are that serious on winning it then you should like everyone else who has won it either pay for the cards or work for them, by making it tiered other people have basically nothing to play for and even then you will see people take advantage of it being tiered so lets put it this way:

Tiers based on Arena Ring:
Tier 1: Owns Arena Ring - Like now people will just sit at first so others will just complain that they got there ring ages ago and now cant keep up.
Tier 2: Doesnt have the ring - Will get the ring or deliberately finish 2nd all the time for 2nd place gems meaning they can farm gems from 2nd place and never until later in the game decide they have enough cards to win Tier 1.

Tiers based on player level:
Again people will sit at lower levels for farming so say lvl 90-99 or 100+ the people in the lower leveled people will just sit in the lowest area, farm pills and then sit and farm KoD always winning, giving them mass gems before the uppers hells for instance.

Tiers based on card %:
Simple and obvious watch people remove high starred cards so they sit under or equal to the top amount of whats needed for that tier, so 30-39, 40-49 etc... people will sit and let the people who play or pay do the higher tiers, and when they get a card to push them into the next tier they will remove it to keep on farming gems, plus how would it be possible to even do it on cards % as people can just use 3 star or 4 star cards they collected to used?

So 3 types of tier options there and guess what each one has exactly the same amount of fairness as the KoD is now.
Arctica

Postby Maria » Tue May 19, 2015 9:00 am

Fair enough, it was just a suggestion as so many are complaining about it.

I shall carry on card hunting :)
Tracey
Titans

Maria

Postby Arctica » Tue May 19, 2015 10:02 am

Maria wrote:Fair enough, it was just a suggestion as so many are complaining about it.

I shall carry on card hunting :)

As I was pointing out regardless of how much "fairness" within the KoD it will always be managed to be dominated via players so its not really a win win, those complaining should do what many have done pay or play, I worked my ass off for least 2 odd weeks to get the upper hell bosses cards which let me win, its not really hard just takes time like getting stats it takes time

EDIT: But if people really wanna ring then only real options are to double card drop rate after X amount killed (or X amount total damage in case of fallen, posi etc...). Add an Arena ring for the top 3 people and then add the next highest tier up to devil ring for 4th to 10th so if you have a posi ring and finish 4th then you get the Devil ring etc...
Arctica

Postby etching » Thu May 21, 2015 3:13 am

Arctica wrote:Tiers based on Arena Ring:
Tier 2: Doesnt have the ring - Will get the ring or deliberately finish 2nd all the time for 2nd place gems meaning they can farm gems from 2nd place and never until later in the game decide they have enough cards to win Tier 1.

But is that really sustainable over time to finish 2nd consistently? Because as time goes on, the field gets weaker
with top players moving onward, meaning more competition at the top spots.
Plus that's assuming you don't have two or more folks trying the same tactic at the same time...
etching

Next

Return to Facebook Server