A warrior heart and soul

Discussion specific to Facebook Server (eg. Guild Recruitments)

A warrior heart and soul

Postby Mutt » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:50 am

Since the time of dreamworld I have seen many great players rise to the top...whether it be high stats, great gear, or simply the dedication to the craft of the game. There many that can be called out...most would say Kelvin, the first real deadly player while others speak of the Syz...those are merely two off the tip of the iceberg...but no. That's not who I wish to highlight. I played this game since before the demon gates and I can only think of one. The great bug slayer. I remember taking days to take down those 48 hour alien queen bugs. Desperately calling for help to finish that boss. This player was always there...so selfless and always willing to spend their energy to slay this vile beast. Some may now be wondering who is this monolith of death? The Adonis of many. This guy must have four arms and three keyboards to topple these nemeses. I speak of Samra, the Viking Feline! I all too often rode this players coatails to victory. Without her, I would have never seen the likes of ranked number one in global. I give credit where credit is due. I owe my dreams to her. She was an honest player. It was my actions that caused her to fall from grace. Had I quelled my competitive nature then others reading this would know this player. So now I think she deserves the recognition for her glories. Do not fault her fall from the mighty ranks amongst the finest players around this fantasy game. She was always truly noble and it was I that ruined her game. She was the gun, I merely pulled the trigger. We are all responsible for our actions but when someone says this "trick" is safe, they are being manipulated. That said, I would like to speak to the playmage team and consider her release from being banned. It is truly my fault. Please punish her no further. The lesson has been learned. Let this be a lesson to all. I beg for the release of this kind and gentle, warrior soul. Let me make this right in the world please.
ImageImage
Its great being me,
Tell them Dreamworld is free!
ʇʇnW
Aka
Rydia
Mutt

Re: A warrior heart and soul

Postby Maria » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:11 pm

I second that. Samra was a great player and a lovely person.
Tracey
Titans

Maria

Postby dreamwarrior254 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:28 pm

Lady Samra is truly among the greatest of players in Dream World. It was quite a shock when she was banned from the game. I too would like the devs to reconsider their decision and let her play again. What harm could it do as the game is in decline anyways?
∂яєαм ωαяяισя
GM - Titans
dreamwarrior254

Postby juansoka » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:11 pm

Every one deserves another chance at a dying game to live on until the very end...... like WTF let her play dude :shock:
juansoka

Postby Nullandvoid » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:45 pm

Yes I say let her play again who know she might spend that money thing that you crave for
Nullandvoid

Postby Solomon Grundy » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:18 am

I'm sure this isn't going to make me any new friends, and might piss off a few of my current ones, but it needs to be said.

Under no circumstances should a cheater be unbanned, Samra included.

Samra was a great player and a nice person. I was in a guild with her, and never had a single problem with her. However, cheaters are cheaters. If you cheat once, you will cheat again. Simple as that. Shall I sit and see the "unban Alfred and Eightbitpony" crusade next? Sure, they shit all over the system and abused bugs for years, but they were swell fellows, right guys? Fuck that horseshit.

You can dress a turd of an idea up in all the flowery language you can muster, you can fondly recall all the wonderful things a player did with you in the game, but you can't make the idea of unbanning a cheater any less fucking stupid. Unbanning cheaters simply sends the message that you can do whatever you want, and eventually you can come back with a slap on the wrist.

Every cheater does nothing but detract from the honest effort that legitimate players put into the game. Every cheater has personally degraded my efforts, and the efforts of every other non-cheater who ever set foot in Dream World. Let them all rot in hell for an eternity.

Viking kittens do not get 9 lives. They get one, and Samra ended that life with her own sword when she CHOSE to cheat.

To quote Hudson from the movie Aliens - "That's it, man. Game over, man. Game over."
Solomon Grundy

Postby Mutt » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:29 am

So everyone is doomed to make the same mistakes? You expect us to believe that? Why do criminals go to jail? To be punished. They do their time for the crime. That said, they unbanned me with a penalty. I lost half my stats and all my gems. Did I cheat again? No! You are being foolish. Everyone deserves a second chance if they pay the price. I only cheated because these players were blatantly getting away with it and playmage refused to handle it. I would love to come at you and knock you off your pedastool but you did a fine job with you poor language and lack of couth. I regret ever helping you when you were nothing. Fact is, you still are and you proved it. I'm not mad son, just disappointed. Best of luck.
ImageImage
Its great being me,
ʇʇnW
Aka
Rydia
Mutt

Postby Solomon Grundy » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:19 am

There is no pedestal, Mutt. VV had someone get banned for accidentally figuring it the same bug that Samra exploited, AND reporting it to the devs. Are we calling out for them to be unbanned? Nope. A game is not jail, either. Losing the ability to play a game in no way inhibits your freedom to do anything else. Should you wish to continue comparing it to a crime, I suggest murder of the game's integrity, and a sentence of life with no possibility of parole. I have the same stance against anyone who cheated, in any game. One strike and you're out.

Your initial statement makes you complicit in the fact that she exploited the bug. If it's your fault that she did it, as you stated, it only confirms exactly what I said. Once a cheater, always a cheater. Whether you did it yourself, or put someone else up to it, is irrelevant to that point. Regardless of how it happened, she cheated, and that's all that matters in the end.No different than Dampiel, Alfred, Eightbitpony, or the countless others who have fallen at the hands of the rules.

It is a shame that you choose to take offense to my words. My dislike for cheaters is what brings out my cursing, and no issue with Samra or any of you. I simply chose to put a screeching halt to the "forgive and forget" sham that folks want to allow in this case. Not all of us forgive being cheated against, in any form.

I stand by every word I said. Under no circumstances should Samra be allowed to return.
Solomon Grundy

Postby Mutt » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:34 pm

Well at least you came back at me with a little more class this time but let me clarify that I did not know of this bug/exploit. I however started her on the path when I found the full swing meter script and shared it with my friends. At the time I believed it was ok for I never read the tos. Who takes the time to do that stuff. I'm a shut up and game kind of person. I learned my lesson and it cost me hundreds of dollars as well as the time I spent getting to number one. You can't give back 8-13 hours a day of obsessive gaming. That hurt more than the cash. That said I was allowed to come back and once again rebuilt my toon by hand to keyboard. I understand your feelings on cheating. I was pissed people got away with scripting and it was completely obvious. I fought fire with fire. In the end it bit me in the ass. I lost respect, time and money. I would like to leave this open to the devs at this point. I merely stated everyone deserves one chance. It's hard to be the light surrounded by darkness. Maybe I'm weak for my personal actions but I proved myself. Your once a cheater always a cheater statement is invalid in regards to everyone. It takes truly knowing someone to pass that kind of judgement. I know Sam on a personal level. I know she would play the straight and narrow. Sorry if this gets your goat. I merely would like to see a full crew on this sinking ship. If they refuse to release her then I'm sure she would be happy to stick with guild wars 2. Great game by the way...working dev team as well as continuos expansions...something we are lacking now. So let the kid play in the sandbox again...she won't kick over your sand castle or pee pee in your bucket. We know this and I would like to believe you would too...by the way, 8bit came to me when he was a nobody and asked where to spend his money and how to grow his toon. I gladly shared my gameplay techniques. Let's not forget they changed they game because of how I grinded. I was suspended a week and accused of hacking before I ever cheated. Felt pretty justified in doing so after because I was punished for gaming long hours and I knew where. Back then if you banked your coin you would avoid the npcs the required coin leaving the wiseman and guardian only...turned out to be a flaw in the game design which they were unhappy with and I helped correct....I still was bitter and that bitterness took me down a dusty path. I'm a better person for being taught the lesson. Anyhow, I said my piece.
ImageImage
Its great being me,
ʇʇnW
Aka
Rydia
Mutt

Return to Facebook Server