Friends cannot rein me

Re: Friends cannot rein me

Postby Albion » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:43 am

I can rein my friends. They show normally on the friends list in the game, if you are referring to the profile pictures at bottom of screen. I just reined delars, Lars" in game but he cannot rein me.
We can private chat though.
Albion

Postby Albion » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:48 pm

Admin , Do you have any suggestions of fb settings that may be messing this up. This is just killing my game. I am missing daily prize raids and even pumpkin and gem raids are hard because I never show more than 2 people on the invite list, whereas I used to have 6 or 7 more often than not. And of course I cannot build my level 41 Control Center because I cannot complete this Chapter without reins.
Albion

Postby admin » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:17 am

Albion wrote:Admin , Do you have any suggestions of fb settings that may be messing this up. This is just killing my game. I am missing daily prize raids and even pumpkin and gem raids are hard because I never show more than 2 people on the invite list, whereas I used to have 6 or 7 more often than not. And of course I cannot build my level 41 Control Center because I cannot complete this Chapter without reins.

Have you already tried removing the game app from your facebook account, then re-authorize it?

You can also try this, go to: https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=applications
Then type "Time World" in the search box in the upper right area under App Settings, make sure Friends List is checked.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Dark2Elf » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:24 am

Interesting, it should look like -

I suspect you are missing the friend list in the 'info you provide this app'.
Dark2Elf

Postby Albion » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:35 pm

My app page does not show most of that. Here is my screen shot of app page for Time World.
Okay, I do not seem to be able to copy and paste it in here or choose a file to attach so I have no idea how Dark Elf got his entered.
My app page jumps from Public Profile to Send you notifications. The friends list and email categories do not exist on it.
My Dream World App page is missing the Friends list also but has the email.
Anybody know how I correct this?
Albion

Postby Dark2Elf » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:32 am

You can use something like - http://postimage.org/ to upload pictures and post the link here using the img button.

As for help, you need Admin, I dont see how the user can modify this option, its as if the app isnt requesting the permission ( like i wrote before).
Dark2Elf

Postby admin » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:31 am

It looks like Facebook is no longer automatically giving the game access to new players friend's list so we have changed the required permission to require it (which explains why most veteran players don't have this issue). Please try login or add/removing the app again to see if it now prompts permission for your friend's list.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Albion » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:09 pm

I removed app twice and rejoined.

There are the screen shots of the rejoining option facebook provided me.

After rejoining, I went to app page again and the rejoining had my permissions as "only me". I have no idea how to get the option to include friends list. If fb does not give option I cannot choose it.
Albion

Postby derlars » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:44 pm

Now we know removing and add the game isn't working i believe u work on a fix... any news here?
derlars

Postby admin » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:07 pm

To have any friend based function to work we need the friends permission when player joins the app. I would say try removing the app again but wait longer before adding it back. There should be a drop down that can change visibility to include friends where it says "only me", but I don't think that is what matters. The friends permission should appear below the public profile when you add the app back, and try do it from the the game's page in App Center.

Also, we have added a permission check that should prompts for missing permissions if you enter the game using following URL:
https://apps.facebook.com/time-world/?checkPerms=1
admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Bug Reports