Defeat 10 demon possessed bosses

Questions and discussions related to various towns,
dungeons, quests, monsters, and special encounters.

Defeat 10 demon possessed bosses

Postby idolgrunt » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:37 pm

What is the best way to get this quest done? I have taken in all the fairy dust I could carry, and even had a guardian doll to use. Any information on this quest would be greatly useful for me.
idolgrunt

Re: Defeat 10 demon possessed bosses

Postby Maria » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:17 pm

I think the best advice I can give is to keep working on building your stats up until you are strong enough to kill them. I'm not aware of any particular tactics to help other than that really, though some people do carry a staff and switch briefly mid fight to heal apparently so that may be with a try until your stats get there
Tracey
Titans

Maria

Postby Morgoth » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:03 am

You need a staff and at least 21 level wizzard skills to be able to use Heal.

You need to be bank guild member - this gives you 5 more slots for Fairy Dust

Try the boss and find how much is the maximum damage it can do on you - it depend on your stats and your level - boss level adjust on you. The boss has one high damage skill and 2 lesser, if the high level skill kills you from one hit - you have no chance. Once you have the maximum damage never let you live to fall under it and be carafull when the skill points are over - the boss will hit you twice as you need one turn to use the Fairy Dust.

If you still can't beat the boss, so you are still weak and you need:
- Divine Staff class - using something less than Divine Light prolongs the fight, you need more healing and you run out of Fairy Dust
- Lilith ally - she is very good in protecting you with her two defensive skills
- get the best for your level from the guild vault - enchanted regenration armor is good as the fight is long
- pills from the boxes

If nothing else helps - Heroic buff
Morgoth

Postby qurqirish dragon » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:52 am

A few extra notes:
if you find you are making progress, but run out of dusts, consider expanding your bank storage.
Possessed bosses gain strength at new levels, but you gain strength every 1/10 of a level. I have found that when I am between level x.0 and x.4, I often cannot beat a possessed boss, but between x.5 and x.9, I can with only using 2 or 3 dusts (using the 32-SP skill for attacks, and swapping to staff to use the appropriate healing spell as needed)
I haven't fought a possessed boss in about 12 levels now, though, as I was concentrating on badges (e.g. 25 alien bosses), and now I'm working on Isendel quests. I may be able to handle them much better, now that I have crystal equipment.
qurqirish dragon

Return to Exploring and Quests